Polaris Search is endorsed as browser extension that replaces new tab with personal dashboard that features To-Do list, Weather Update, Inspirational Quotes, and many more. Polaris Search also claims to enhance your browsing experience by providing optimized search results. In addition, it also provides breathtaking HD wallpapers on the homepage and new tab pages of Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browser. As of now, Polaris Search extension does not support Safari, Internet Explorer, and Edge browsers.
Polaris Search appears as useful program; however, its impulsive appearance on the browser brings panic to some computer users. The sudden modification of homepage settings without user’s approval is mistakenly seen as undertaking of computer viruses. They never realized that Polaris Search came from freeware they downloaded recently.
Because Polaris Search is bundled to a variety of free programs, it spreads quickly over the internet. In addition, makers of this program are using promotional scheme through pop-up ads and browser redirects. It is endorsed as useful and is very essential tool in everyday browsing activities. Thus, many are convinced to install Polaris Search into their internet applications
If you find Polaris Search annoying because it replaces the homepage with Search.polarisearch.com without your concern, you have all the option to remove it. For a quick and complete procedures in getting rid of Polaris Search, please see the guide below.
Online Security Scanner Report for polarisearch.com:
|Not yet tested||Feedback: No data||Updated: Feb. 05, 2018|
|Minimal risk||Feedback: No data||Updated: Feb. 05, 2018|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||Updated: Feb. 05, 2018|
How to Remove Polaris Search
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Polaris Search
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Polaris Search entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Polaris Search. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Polaris Search from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Polaris Search on the affected browser.
Step 4: Remove Polaris Search Extension and Add-on
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Polaris Search. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Remove Polaris Search from Google Chrome
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove Polaris Search from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete Polaris Search by clicking on Remove or Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of Polaris Search removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Polaris Search. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Polaris Search. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.
Remove Polaris Search from Firefox
Option 1 – Delete Add-on from Firefox Browser
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. On the address bar, type the following strings and press Enter on keyboard: about:addons
3. Under Add-ons Manager, look for Polaris Search and click associated Remove button. See image below for reference.
4. Firefox will confirm your actions by clicking Yes. Please make sure that you have selected to Remove the home page and restore my previous setting.
5. You may now restart Firefox browser.
Option 2 – Refresh Mozilla Firefox
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Polaris Search. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating ‘Give Firefox a Tune Up’. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Polaris Search should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Post Last Modified On February 5, 2018