Seeing a pop-up from play44-player.googlecode.com:443 don’t really mean that computer is infected with virus or malware. This pop-up is simply cause by some server updates that may be affecting codes stored on googlecode.com or also known as Google Code Subversion Repository.
Web site you are visiting may require authentication if you are trying to view the page in incompatible version. Also, play44-player.googlecode.com:443 may appear when codes hosted on the site does not load completely on your browser and is required by the visiting web page.
The next time you see play44-player.googlecode.com:443 pop-up do not presume that it is caused by malware or virus infection. As a matter of fact, there is no harm in running a complete anti-virus scan on the PC. This should be the first notion of vigilant computer users.
To resolve this issue, please follow the procedures below. We have provided a number of ways you may use to stop play44-player.googlecode.com:443 from showing.
How to Remove play44-player.googlecode.com:443 Pop-up?
Option 1: Obtain your GoogleCode.com Password
1. Login to Google Project Hosting using your own Google Account
2. Take note of the GoogleCode.com Password provided under Settings tab. Use your full email address or simply user name and the password to login to Authentication window of play44-player.googlecode.com:443 pop-up.
Option 2: Use Default Username and Password
1. When authentication box from play44-player.googlecode.com:443 appears, use the following account to login.
Option 3: Deleting Play 44 from AppData Folder
1. Open Windows Explorer or My Computer.
2. Navigate to the following location: C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome
3. Search and delete “Play 44” or “Play44”.
Option 4: Modify Windows Hosts File to Map Hostname for this Pop-up
1. Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the following folder:
2. Open Hosts file using Notepad application.
3. Add the following line at the end:
4. Lastly, save the file.