PizzaCrypts is a ransomware presently in the category of highly dangerous Malware or Virus. After you execute files related to this malware, it immediately encrypts files on the computer using complicated algorithm. PizzaCrypts is notable for appending file extension with id-[victim’s ID]firstname.lastname@example.org. Thus, if you have file like Resume.doc, the virus will convert it to Resume.doc- id-[victim’s ID]email@example.com.
This ransom virus is known to be distributed by Neutrino Exploit kit. Maker of this virus spread the executable file using spam email messages. It contains appealing subject and messages that induce user to open attached file. It also uses malicious links and drive-by-download technique to distribute copy of this virus to innocent victims.
The only way for user to decrypt all files infected with PizzaCrypts is to pay a ransom. This malware leaves a text message Pizzacrypts Info.txt, which contains full instructions on how to proceed with the decryption. Primarily, the virus command victim to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Excerpt of ransom note are as follows:
All your files are encrypted cryptographically strong algorithm!
Decoding is not possible without our help.
In order to start the process of decoding the files, you need to contact us. Attached an example of encrypted file.
Do not try to decrypt files by third-party deciphers, otherwise you will spoil the files.
Tools to recover CryptoRoger encrypted file
Unfortunately, there is no available tool as of now to recover files that were infected with PizzaCrypts virus. We will update this area as soon as we have effective free way to decrypt files. You may proceed with the removal steps below, however, some files and codes you may need should you wish to pay the ransom will be wipe-out during the process.
How to Remove PizzaCrypts Ransomware
Ransomware files are placed deeply into the system and on various locations, thus, thorough scanning is vital to totally remove PizzaCrypts Ransomware virus. Aside from our suggested tool, you may also run your own security program.
Though affected files may be impossible to decrypt due to complexity of the encryption, you can still try recovery method like Shadow Explorer or Previous Version as described below.
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds PizzaCrypts Ransomware virus and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 2: Double-check for PizzaCrypts Ransomware’s leftover with Microsoft’s Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for PizzaCrypts Ransomware. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all PizzaCrypts Ransomware virus entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that PizzaCrypts Ransomware have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.
Stage 3 : Recover files that were encrypted by PizzaCrypts Ransomware
1. Download the program Panda Ransomware Decrypt.
pandaunransom.exe Download Link (this will open on a new window)
2. Save the file to your hard drive, Desktop, or any location.
3. Once the download completed, double-click on the file pandaunransom.exe to run it.
4. You will see Panda Ransomware Decrypt program. Please refer to the image below.
5. Next, use Windows Explorer or My Computer to make a folder “PandaTest” and copy some of the encrypted files into this folder.
6. Go back to Panda Ransomware Decrypt program and click on Select Folder button. Select the newly created folder PandaTest.
7. Click on START button to begin. Process may take a while, please wait until it is completed.
8. If you were able to decrypt contents of the PandaTest folder, you may run the tool on all the affected files and folders on the computer.
Option 1: Windows Previous Version Tool
Windows Vista and Windows 7 have a feature called Previous Versions. However, this tool is only usable if restore point was made prior to PizzaCrypts Ransomware virus infection. To use this tool and recover files affected by the virus, please follow these steps:
1. Open My Computer or Windows Explorer.
2. Right-click on the affected files or folders. From the drop-down list, please click on Restore previous versions.
3. New window will open display all backup copy of files and folders you wanted to recover. Choose the appropriate file and click on Open, Copy, or Restore. Restoring selected files overwrites the current encrypted files on the computer.
Option 2: Use ShadowExplorer to restore files encrypted by PizzaCrypts Ransomware
Just like Previous Version tool, ShadowExplorer is taking advantage of shadow copy created by Windows. This tool allows you to retrieve older version of files before it was encrypted by PizzaCrypts Ransomware.
1. Download ShadowExplorer from the official web site.
2. Install the program with the default settings.
3. The program should run automatically after installation. If not, double-click on ShadowExplorer icon.
4. You can see the drop-down list on top of the console. Please select proper drive and the most recent point-in-time shadow copies of files you wish to restore prior to PizzaCrypts Ransomware infection.
5. Right-click on the Drive, Folder, or File you wish to restore and click Export…
6. Lastly, ShadowExplorer will prompt for location where you want to save the copy of recovered files.