Pixel.adsafeprotected.com pop-up came from annoying advertising platform that serves numerous ads on Internet browsers. It may appear on popular programs including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Safari. Aside from Pixel.adsafeprotected.com pop-up ads, this adware also launches new browser window or ‘New Tab’ displaying full-page banner.
Technically, Pixel.adsafeprotected.com is not a virus. Though, some computer users consider it so harmful because of its malicious intent once installed on the system. It fits the category of adware due to its main objective of gaining profit through online ads. As an adware, Pixel.adsafeprotected.com’s primary purpose is to display ads and redirect web browser to various sites. It aims on delivering web traffic to partners and network of advertisers.
You must be aware that adware like Pixel.adsafeprotected.com often comes as bundled to certain freeware. It could be software update, multimedia players, download tool, or utilities to speed up the Internet. Installing said program likewise loads Pixel.adsafeprotected.com into the browser as an add-on. Although you can spot this add-on on the configuration panel of the browser, removing it would be not as simple as you may think.
To completely remove Pixel.adsafeprotected.com adware and stop the pop-up ads, you may have to scan the PC with legitimate security tools and virus removers. Removing any relevant software also helps eliminate unwanted items on the computer.
Online Security Scanner Report for pixel.adsafeprotected.com:
|No Issues||Feedback: No data||Updated: July 19, 2015|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: Exploit kit||Updated: July 19, 2015|
|Surf with caution||Ratings: 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes||Updated: July 19, 2015|
Pixel.adsafeprotected.com Removal Guide
Browser redirects and hijacking issues takes place if browser settings may have been altered by malware. Files may have also added that executes whenever its senses that Internet connection is active.
To get rid of this threat, a number of scanner and tools are suggested. Please run all these tools to ensure that no more malicious files will be left on the computer.
Stage 1: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Pixel.adsafeprotected.com. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 2: Remove Pixel.adsafeprotected.com Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Pixel.adsafeprotected.com from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Pixel.adsafeprotected.com on the affected browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Pixel.adsafeprotected.com. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Pixel.adsafeprotected.com.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Reset Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Pixel.adsafeprotected.com should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Pixel.adsafeprotected.com and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please see add-on removal from Internet Explorer.