“Pirated software has been detected” is another malware that was created by cyber crooks in particular for computer users living in the United States of America. Are you bothered with the alert saying “This computer was automatically blocked. Reason: Pirated software has been detected.” Apart from this warning, they will impose you to pay a fine of $300 to be paid through BitCoin. After paying for the fine, your PC will be unlocked. That is the usual set up given by fake “Pirated software has been detected”.
Stay focused and don’t be affected by negative circumstances like this. This is just a fraud, and easiest way for the authors to steal money from your pocket when you get scared. Just ignore all warnings by “Pirated software has been detected” no matter how realistic it may look like. It is indeed designed to be even more sensible for you to believe and be a victim. You cannot control what attackers can do to your system. Even if you pay them or not, your computer may still be infected with virus or Trojan. But we highly advice you not to pay the fine, you don’t need to spend even a cent to unlock the computer.
You just have to find out the solution right away on how to remove this “Pirated software has been detected” virus. You definitely need to act fast. Get rid of it right away so as to avoid causing more harm that can be injected to your system. The quickest way to fix this mess is to follow the removal guide presented on this page.
How to Remove “Pirated software has been detected”
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds “Pirated software has been detected” and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 2: Double-check for “Pirated software has been detected”‘ leftover with Microsoft’s Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for “Pirated software has been detected”. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all “Pirated software has been detected” entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that “Pirated software has been detected” have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.