Pinnacle Driver Updater commonly spread through software bundles in a variety of freeware and shareware. In fact, Pinnacle Driver Updater is not in any way relevant to bundled programs. It is just a method presently used by adware makers to spread their product. In most instances, Pinnacle Driver Updater and other malware are packed with attractive free software like games, tools, utilities, media players, and download managers.
Pinnacle Driver Updater is offered as a Windows OS tool that scans the PC to find and update obsolete device drivers. It claims to be a one-click solution to solve any driver conflicts, missing drivers, or broken ones. However, you can only get hold of these features once the product is upgraded to a paid version. Diagnosis is the only thing you may run into when having the free downloadable version of Pinnacle Driver Updater.
When Pinnacle Driver Updater is installed on the computer, it will alter settings that make this software run each time you start Windows. This program may actively scan the computer even without a command from the user. Right after the scan, Pinnacle Driver Updater may attempt to fool the user by issuing forged results. Normally, it gives out notifications about detected Windows registry issues. As mentioned earlier, the free version of Pinnacle Driver Updater is powerless to fix any troubles. Thus, it prompts you to purchase a registration key right away.
As you can observe, Pinnacle Driver Updater is not safe to run on the computer. It comes with various dubious applications to begin with. Its presence on the computer causes severe annoyance due to a number of pushy pop-up alerts and warnings. Therefore, all we can suggest is the complete removal of Pinnacle Driver Updater for your own safety. Below are procedures that will help you get rid of this potentially unwanted program.
Pinnacle Driver Updater Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of fake optimization tool like Pinnacle Driver Updater through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like Pinnacle Driver Updater, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete Pinnacle Driver Updater rogue tool including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 1 : End the running process of Pinnacle Driver Updater
1. Open Task Manager by pressing CTRL+Alt+Del on your keyboard and select Task Manager. Alternatively, you can right-click on the Windows Taskbar and click on Task Manager from the list.
2. When Task Manager opens, be sure that you are viewing the Processes tab.
3. Look for Pinnacle Driver Updater and then, click End Task. If that name is not present, look for any suspicious program. Take note of the malware name as we have to uninstall it later.
4. You may now close Task Manager and proceed with the next step.
Step 2 : Uninstall Pinnacle Driver Updater from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select Pinnacle Driver Updater from the list. If not present, look for any malicious software. You may click on Installed on to see the most recent entry.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove Pinnacle Driver Updater unwanted program.
Step 3 : Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Pinnacle Driver Updater and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Step 4 : Double-check for leftover of Pinnacle Driver Updater using Anti-malware Program
To remove Pinnacle Driver Updater automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering rogue application like Pinnacle Driver Updater that slows down the system performance.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan to start checking the computer for malicious files. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to Pinnacle Driver Updater.
6. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.