Browser extension, add-ons, and plug-ins are just some tools that improves browsing experience; however, not all works the same. For instance, Pics4NewTab is a Google Chrome extension that was made solely to earn money for its authors. To accomplish this task, the program has so many hidden illicit actions on the computer to manipulate some sections of the browser. Pics4NewTab can override homepage settings to display own preference. Doing online search likewise redirects to own search engine at 4newtab.com sub domains.
Since Pics4NewTab and other malicious extension can be downloaded easily with the help of questionable software packages, we urge you to be careful with freeware. Most of the time, unwanted installation of Adware and PUP occurs while loading such freeware. In the case of Pics4NewTab, it is bundled to certain free programs where it never discloses the veracity of simultaneous installation of different adware. Thus, users are stun with the sudden presence of Pics4NewTab and other potentially unwanted programs (PUP).
When installed on the computer, Pics4NewTab urgently alters browser settings. It replaces the homepage with own design. The same thing is enforce with search engine. Pics4NewTab will designate new search provider to serve its own advertisement that aims to generate profit. Other duty of Pics4NewTab is to promote partners, websites, and products. Hence, expect browser redirects and occasional pop-up ads to carry out on the browser while computer is connected to internet.
The only way you can stop annoyances brought by Pics4NewTab is to delete it along with relevant adware. To accomplish this efficiently, please follow the removal guide on this page.
Online Security Scanner Report for picslp.4newtab.com:
|Not yet tested||Feedback: No data||Nov. 2, 2017|
|Minimal risk||Feedback: No data||Nov. 2, 2017|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||Nov. 2, 2017|
How to Remove Pics4NewTab
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Pics4NewTab
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Pics4NewTab entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Pics4NewTab. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Pics4NewTab from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Pics4NewTab on the affected browser.
Step 4: Remove Pics4NewTab from Google Chrome
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove Pics4NewTab from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete Pics4NewTab by clicking on Remove or Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of Pics4NewTab removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Pics4NewTab. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Pics4NewTab. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.