Personal-video.live is a malicious domain aiming to send notifications straight to web browsers. Its developers endorse this site through pop-ups, which they incorporate on malicious web pages. Like for Personal-video.live, developers usually presents discount coupons, commercial ads, or campaign banners to catch web user’s attention. When clicked, it automatically redirects web users into Personal-video.live site or any similar sites like Windowsguidenews.com and Pepperbrain.co. After that, it will attempt force internet user into receiving alerts from this website. A pop-up will display the message:
This window can be closed by clicking “Allow”. If you want to continue actions on this site, just click on the detailed information.
It is clear that Personal-video.live wants to send notifications on the browser. Actually, any button or link on that window will result to the same action when clicked, and that is to permit the serving of push notifications from Personal-video.live.
Causes of Personal-video.live Redirects
Though web users may have access Personal-video.live unintentionally by visiting suspicious sites, it can also shows-up on browser because of malicious programs running on the operating system. The best example of it is the adware or potentially unwanted programs (PUP) installed on the computer. These kinds of software typically cause misbehavior on computers. It also drops undesirable extensions, plug-ins, add-ons on browsers. Presence of unwanted apps also generates advertisement and redirect pages like Personal-video.live. Apparently, avoiding the installation of such unwanted programs could lessen the chance of encountering Personal-video.live on internet software.
Purpose of Personal-video.live Pop-ups and Redirects
When Personal-video.live opens on browser, it could possibly show unexpected contents to online users. For example, Personal-video.live will attempt to trick web visitor to download anti-virus software or anything that purported to be vital. The program they are referring to is definitely an adware or potentially unwanted program ready to infect the operating system once installed.
The main purpose of browser redirect like Personal-video.live is to control web users and force them to visit malicious sites. To accomplish this task, Developers inject a redirect code to unwanted programs or compromised websites. Another example, when web users visit a malicious website presenting Personal-video.live pop-ups, clicking it can redirect web users to partner’s web pages that are similarly intrusive. This is what adware developers aspire to achieve, to further cause troubles on the computer and exploit it for their other online illicit operations.
Personal-video.live Removal Procedure
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Scan the computer with MBAM Tool
This malware removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any threats like Trojan, virus, PUP, adware and malicious redirects like Personal-video.live. The tool is powerful enough to find hazardous items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
To remove Personal-video.live from Mac OS, please use the tool that was designed specifically for Macintosh users.
Malwarebytes For Mac Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MBSetup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to Personal-video.live.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including Personal-video.live and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Stage 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Personal-video.live. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 3 : Remove Personal-video.live Pop-up Notification
These procedures in stopping Personal-video.live pop-up notification may only be effective if relevant extension do not exist on the browser. If ever there is a relevant extension currently installed, this push notification configuration will reinstate during browser start-up. So, make sure that you have removed any malicious extension from the browser before executing the following steps.
For Google Chrome Users
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following strings in the address box and press Enter on your keyboard: chrome://settings/content/notifications
3. Navigate to “Allow” section and find Personal-video.live from the list.
4. Click on More Actions and select Block from the options.
5. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
For Mozilla Firefox Users
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser program.
2. Type the following strings on address bar and press Enter on keyboard: about:preferences#privacy
3. Under Permissions section, click on Settings button beside Notifications.
4. Look for Personal-video.live and set the status to Block.
5. Lastly, click Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Personal-video.live
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Personal-video.live. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Remove Personal-video.live from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults button. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Personal-video.live. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Personal-video.live. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Reset Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Reset Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Personal-video.live redirect and pop-up should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain it the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Personal-video.live and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please see view instructions here.
Post Last Modified On March 6, 2020