Perfect Registry Optimizer is a Windows optimization program that claims to be effective in cleaning invalid registry entries that are accumulated on the computer, which results to slow system performance. With Perfect Registry Optimizer, these issues can be fixed and user may experience faster and enhance performance of the system.
Upon testing, we noticed that Perfect Registry Optimizer belongs to family of rogue software that created unpopular optimization tools like Power Speedup 2018, Speedy System Care, and many more. This type of program is using scan-and-detect scheme to lure users into purchasing the activated version of Perfect Registry Optimizer. From time to time, it will display warnings and alerts reminding users to fix the issues by acquiring the paid version of the product.
Typical source of rogue program such as this are software bundles. Downloading free games, utilities, file manager, download manager, and suspicious application may lead to Perfect Registry Optimizer infection. Once fully installed, this rogue program will execute a scan on on its own. Then, it quickly identifies errors in various areas of the system. Its focus is to look for corrupt or invalid registry entries, which it will exploit to persuade user and sell Perfect Registry Optimizer.
As of today, there is still no proof that cleaning the Windows registry can actually enhances system performance. In fact, Microsoft states that using registry tools can be dangerous. Here is an excerpt from Microsoft support policy for the use of registry cleaning utilities.
Some products such as registry cleaning utilities suggest that the registry needs regular maintenance or cleaning. However, serious issues can occur when you modify the registry incorrectly using these types of utilities.
While Perfect Registry Optimizer is endorsed as a program that can fix certain issues, which we do not see as serious concern, we do not recommend utilizing the tool. If there is a need to remove the program and normal uninstall process is difficult, we have systematic guide on this page.
Online Security Scanner Report for perfectregoptimizer.com:
|Not yet rated||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Sept. 30, 2018|
|Medium Risk||Feedback: PUP||Updated: Sept. 30, 2018|
|Currently safe||Ratings: No Data||Updated: Sept. 30, 2018|
Perfect Registry Optimizer Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Uninstall Perfect Registry Optimizer from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select Perfect Registry Optimizer from the list.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove the unwanted program.
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Perfect Registry Optimizer and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for leftover of Perfect Registry Optimizer using Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for Perfect Registry Optimizer . Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all Perfect Registry Optimizer entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that Perfect Registry Optimizer have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.
Stage 4: Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to Perfect Registry Optimizer.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.