Perfect Registry Optimizer is a Windows optimization program that claims to be effective in cleaning invalid registry entries that are accumulated on the computer, which results to slow system performance. With Perfect Registry Optimizer, these issues can be fixed and user may experience faster and enhance performance of the system.
Upon testing, we noticed that Perfect Registry Optimizer belongs to family of rogue software that created unpopular optimization tools like Power Speedup 2018, Speedy System Care, and many more. This type of program is using scan-and-detect scheme to lure users into purchasing the activated version of Perfect Registry Optimizer. From time to time, it will display warnings and alerts reminding users to fix the issues by acquiring the paid version of the product.
Typical source of rogue program such as this are software bundles. Downloading free games, utilities, file manager, download manager, and suspicious application may lead to Perfect Registry Optimizer infection. Once fully installed, this rogue program will execute a scan on on its own. Then, it quickly identifies errors in various areas of the system. Its focus is to look for corrupt or invalid registry entries, which it will exploit to persuade user and sell Perfect Registry Optimizer.
As of today, there is still no proof that cleaning the Windows registry can actually enhances system performance. In fact, Microsoft states that using registry tools can be dangerous. Here is an excerpt from Microsoft support policy for the use of registry cleaning utilities.
Some products such as registry cleaning utilities suggest that the registry needs regular maintenance or cleaning. However, serious issues can occur when you modify the registry incorrectly using these types of utilities.
While Perfect Registry Optimizer is endorsed as a program that can fix certain issues, which we do not see as serious concern, we do not recommend utilizing the tool. If there is a need to remove the program and normal uninstall process is difficult, we have systematic guide on this page.
Perfect Registry Optimizer Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of fake optimization tool like Perfect Registry Optimizer through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like Perfect Registry Optimizer, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete Perfect Registry Optimizer rogue tool including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 1 : End the running process of Perfect Registry Optimizer
1. Open Task Manager by pressing CTRL+Alt+Del on your keyboard and select Task Manager. Alternatively, you can right-click on the Windows Taskbar and click on Task Manager from the list.
2. When Task Manager opens, be sure that you are viewing the Processes tab.
3. Look for Perfect Registry Optimizer and then, click End Task. If that name is not present, look for any suspicious program. Take note of the malware name as we have to uninstall it later.
4. You may now close Task Manager and proceed with the next step.
Step 2 : Uninstall Perfect Registry Optimizer from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select Perfect Registry Optimizer from the list. If not present, look for any malicious software. You may click on Installed on to see the most recent entry.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove Perfect Registry Optimizer unwanted program.
Step 3 : Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Perfect Registry Optimizer and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Step 4 : Double-check for leftover of Perfect Registry Optimizer using Anti-malware Program
To remove Perfect Registry Optimizer automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering rogue application like Perfect Registry Optimizer that slows down the system performance.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan to start checking the computer for malicious files. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to Perfect Registry Optimizer.
6. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.