Official website of PC RegCleaners certifies the program as an optimization tool offering various features as registry fixer, junk files remover, faster file access, and so on. These features claims to boost speed of the computer, hence, it may only work in full after user have purchased the commercial version of the program. Initial installation of PC RegCleaners is trial mode but what is questionable is its unofficial entry on the computer.
PC RegCleaners normally enters the computer uninvited by bundling its code to various freeware and shareware. As usual, this kind of invasive and unlawful malware operation does not inform users on the additional installation of surplus applications while loading the host file. So, sudden existence of PC RegCleaners on the computer astounds users and wonders if this occurrence is virus-related.
To uplift its valuation, PC RegCleaners will run a scan on the computer even without user’s intervention and identifies a number of errors. In addition, it will pop-up alerts and warnings stating its concern on the poor condition of the computer. At this point, it may have convinced user that PC RegCleaners is a worthy tool that helps fix computer errors and registry issues.
Users who fell into this misleading trick may end up shelling out some money for a useless application that was made primarily to swindle money from victims. Keep in mind that PC RegCleaners is one of the so many rogue programs that utilizes deceitful techniques to generate online profit. Therefore, it is highly suggested to remove PC RegCleaners as soon as possible before it can cause further harm. Comprehensive guide to delete this malware from infected computer is the topic on the next section.
PC Regcleaners Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Uninstall PC Regcleaners from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select PC Regcleaners from the list.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove the unwanted program.
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds PC Regcleaners and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for leftover of PC Regcleaners using Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for PC Regcleaners . Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all PC Regcleaners entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that PC Regcleaners have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.
Stage 4: Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to PC Regcleaners.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.