PC OptiClean is dubbed as suspicious security application due to its invasive techniques in getting an access to one’s computer. Most of the time, it is promoted on dubious websites that prompts user to download and install PC OptiClean in order to protect their computer against harmful elements of the internet. At this point, the product will never reveal that purchasing the full version of PC OptiClean is required in order to remove any threats identified by this program.
Some other ways utilized by creator to spread PC OptiClean are freeware and third party programs. These can be downloaded from various servers. Several online marketing schemes are also used to drive user’s internet browser to these distinct locations. Drive-by-download technique is also one method being applied by rogue authors to install their products onto victims computer by force.
Once PC OptiClean is installed on the computer, it will run just like any other security software. Graphical interface is normal and seems to be user-friendly. It includes individual section for scanning Windows Registry, Clean Up, Optimization, and Settings. After scanning the computer, PC OptiClean shows various areas and directories, which requires fixing. However, before it can patch up said troubles on your computer, you must purchase the registered version of PC OptiClean. This is very evident on the image below. Hence, if you need to eliminate threats from your computer without spending a single penny, this program is not for you. The only option is to delete PC OptiClean and obtain anti-malware with scan and remove functionality.
If you are having difficulty in removing PC OptiClean from the computer, probably there are some objects (registry entries, system files, processes) preventing you to do so. You must remove this object by scanning the computer with valid anti-virus and anti-malware program. To make things much easier, just follow the guide we have outlined on this page.
PC OptiClean Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of fake optimization tool like PC OptiClean through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like PC OptiClean, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete PC OptiClean rogue tool including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 1 : End the running process of PC OptiClean
1. Open Task Manager by pressing CTRL+Alt+Del on your keyboard and select Task Manager. Alternatively, you can right-click on the Windows Taskbar and click on Task Manager from the list.
2. When Task Manager opens, be sure that you are viewing the Processes tab.
3. Look for PC OptiClean and then, click End Task. If that name is not present, look for any suspicious program. Take note of the malware name as we have to uninstall it later.
4. You may now close Task Manager and proceed with the next step.
Step 2 : Uninstall PC OptiClean from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select PC OptiClean from the list. If not present, look for any malicious software. You may click on Installed on to see the most recent entry.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove PC OptiClean unwanted program.
Step 3 : Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds PC OptiClean and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Step 4 : Double-check for leftover of PC OptiClean using Anti-malware Program
To remove PC OptiClean automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering rogue application like PC OptiClean that slows down the system performance.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan to start checking the computer for malicious files. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to PC OptiClean.
6. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.