PC OptiClean is dubbed as suspicious security application due to its invasive techniques in getting an access to one’s computer. Most of the time, it is promoted on dubious websites that prompts user to download and install PC OptiClean in order to protect their computer against harmful elements of the internet. At this point, the product will never reveal that purchasing the full version of PC OptiClean is required in order to remove any threats identified by this program.
Some other ways utilized by creator to spread PC OptiClean are freeware and third party programs. These can be downloaded from various servers. Several online marketing schemes are also used to drive user’s internet browser to these distinct locations. Drive-by-download technique is also one method being applied by rogue authors to install their products onto victims computer by force.
Once PC OptiClean is installed on the computer, it will run just like any other security software. Graphical interface is normal and seems to be user-friendly. It includes individual section for scanning Windows Registry, Clean Up, Optimization, and Settings. After scanning the computer, PC OptiClean shows various areas and directories, which requires fixing. However, before it can patch up said troubles on your computer, you must purchase the registered version of PC OptiClean. This is very evident on the image below. Hence, if you need to eliminate threats from your computer without spending a single penny, this program is not for you. The only option is to delete PC OptiClean and obtain anti-malware with scan and remove functionality.
If you are having difficulty in removing PC OptiClean from the computer, probably there are some objects (registry entries, system files, processes) preventing you to do so. You must remove this object by scanning the computer with valid anti-virus and anti-malware program. To make things much easier, just follow the guide we have outlined on this page.
Online Security Scanner Report for pcopticlean.com:
|No issues||Community Rating: 0.0||Oct. 19, 2017|
|Minimal risk||Feedback: No Data||Oct. 19, 2017|
|Currently safe||Ratings: No Data||Oct. 19, 2017|
How to Remove PC OptiClean
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Uninstall PC OptiClean from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select PC OptiClean from the list.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove the unwanted program.
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds PC OptiClean and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for leftover of PC OptiClean using Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for PC OptiClean . Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all PC OptiClean entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that PC OptiClean have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.
Stage 4: Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan from the menu to see available Scan Method.
6. Next, click on Threat Scan. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to PC OptiClean.
7. Click Start Scan button to begin checking the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.