PC HealthBoost pop-up may appear on the system if you are visiting web sites that are running script to scan your PC or provide services even without your intervention. On the other hand, you may also see the PC HealthBoost screen if the application is installed on the computer. You may not know or the installation maybe without your consent because normally, it comes with third-party software. Freeware, fake software update, and free games may install PC HealthBoost on the computer.
Security experts considered PC HealthBoost as potentially unwanted program (PUP) due to its invasive way of entering the system. To developers, this technique is a common way to promote their product, but to computer users, it is nothing different than virus infection. If it gets into the computer without consent, it could be considered as malicious program.
To avoid PC HealthBoost pop-up and the software itself, you must avoid downloading unknown programs from the Internet. Take extra cautious when installing programs, especially free ones. As much as possible, install the product in custom manner, excluding extra software that comes with it. Remember that PC HealthBoost and other unwanted program are made to extract money from computer users through various techniques including fake pop-up alerts stating that errors or problems are detected on the computer.
Whether the PC HealthBoost pop-up originates from local programs or malicious web sites, you must run a scan on the computer to delete unwanted files and browser add-ons.
How to Remove PC HealthBoost Pop-up
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds PC HealthBoost and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 2: Double-check for PC HealthBoost’ leftover with Microsoft’s Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for PC HealthBoost. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all PC HealthBoost entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that PC HealthBoost have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.