An application from the family of rogue tools called PC First Aid is a suspicious computer security and improvement tool. The arrogant utility continually displays pop-up warnings and alarms after being installed on the computer, claiming to have found several faults and risks. To support its claim, PC First Aid will do a complete computer scan and present a report with the same results. It will keep going through this inciting step until it persuades users to use the paid edition of PC First Aid to repair the problems. If the user had refrained from downloading suspicious shareware, especially if the source was suspect, all of these annoyances might have been avoided.
What causes PC First Aid to infect a computer?
When disseminating the unwanted program, the threat actors behind the rogue product PC First Aid typically employ a variety of strategies. But every technique used will make it possible for the phony optimizer to enter the computer covertly and conduct a setup without being noticed. Users won’t be made aware of its existence until PC First Aid starts the extensive system scan. Its goal at this point is to scare computer users by delivering a number of false positives for flaws that do not truly exist, such as PUP presence, startup issues, erroneous registry values, missing files, and many more. Although its scan simulation may appear realistic, do not be fooled by this false system diagnostic because it uses the same procedure even on a computer that has just been cleaned up or recently formatted.
Eliminating PC First Aid
It is clear that PC First Aid is looking to make a sale, and deceit is the major tactic it uses to persuade users to purchase the registered copy. This explains why, each time a user tries to fix a problem, clicking on any button inside the graphical interface displays a window of an online payment processor. Spend no money on this fraudulent and worthless application. To maintain security and order, take it off the computer right away.
Please read the next section for a detailed removal guide for PC First Aid. Complete instructions are provided, as well as malware and virus scanners, to search the computer and remove any hidden dangerous PC First Aid-related things.
PC First Aid Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of fake optimization tool like PC First Aid through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like PC First Aid, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete PC First Aid rogue tool including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 1 : End the running process of PC First Aid
1. Open Task Manager by pressing CTRL+Alt+Del on your keyboard and select Task Manager. Alternatively, you can right-click on the Windows Taskbar and click on Task Manager from the list.
2. When Task Manager opens, be sure that you are viewing the Processes tab.
3. Look for PC First Aid and then, click End Task. If that name is not present, look for any suspicious program. Take note of the malware name as we have to uninstall it later.
4. You may now close Task Manager and proceed with the next step.
Step 2 : Uninstall PC First Aid from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select PC First Aid from the list. If not present, look for any malicious software. You may click on Installed on to see the most recent entry.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove PC First Aid unwanted program.
Step 3 : Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds PC First Aid and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Step 4 : Double-check for leftover of PC First Aid using Anti-malware Program
To remove PC First Aid automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering rogue application like PC First Aid that slows down the system performance.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan to start checking the computer for malicious files. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to PC First Aid.
6. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.