PC Boost Pro may appear like valid Windows optimization tool, but in reality, it is part of Scanguard family that developed many types of potentially unwanted programs (PUP). All software from this group is branded as rogue tool mainly because they do not perform well as how they are promoted. It was also found that PC Boost Pro was created mainly to swindle money from computer users by imposing deceitful techniques in persuading users to purchase the registered version.
Similar to other counterfeit tool from the same family as Microsoft Cleanup and PC RegCleaners, PC Boost Pro thoroughly scans the computer right after full installation. As expected, it issues false detection to make it appear that computer is in deep trouble and immediate repair is necessary. It continuously prompt user to ‘Upgrade’ or ‘Register’ the program to be able to utilize the full working version of PC Boost Pro.
Aside from bogus scan, this rogue application endlessly shows pop-up warnings and alerts stating the same weary condition of PC and again, it induces quick repair at a cost of PC Boost Pro registration key. An attempt to fix identified issues brings out an online processing website prompting for user’s banking details, which turns out to be stealing sensitive data.
Instead of purchasing a worthless rogue tool, we highly suggest to remove it immediately using the procedures below. Even though PC Boost Pro claim that is has features like disc cleanup, browser cache cleaner, and registry error fixer, its origin is still questionable. Any program stems from this group are proven harmful to computer.
PC Boost Pro Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Uninstall PC Boost Pro from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select PC Boost Pro from the list.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove the unwanted program.
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds PC Boost Pro and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for leftover of PC Boost Pro using Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for PC Boost Pro . Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all PC Boost Pro entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that PC Boost Pro have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.
Stage 4: Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to PC Boost Pro.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Post Last Modified On May 16, 2019