Outfire Browser enters the computer without user’s consent. Using mostly freeware and shareware, makers of this unwanted browser application manages to install Outfire Browser into the computer and makes it the default one. Through this exploit, computer security experts deemed Outfire Browser as adware or potentially unwanted program.
Commonly known as ‘bundling’ scheme, Outfire Browser is packed together with other programs such as free software, updates, and tools. Ordinary computer users are not attentive that adware comes with these programs, and in most cases, Outfire Browser is likewise installed during setup. Although, this unwanted browser is not the only one that may get loaded onto the system. Other unsafe adware may also be bundled with the installation that puts the computer at risk.
There are also instances that user derived Outfire Browser from various links and promotions. Some people are even tricked to use it as alternative Internet browser software. It was marketed as a fine browser with complete security features on its core. Outfire Browser claims to block annoying ads and redirects. Fast and optimized searches are another guarantee when using this program.
There are known and trusted browsers out there matching the features of Outfire Browser so why use an unfamiliar one? In fact, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, and Edge are the most reliable programs that exceed what Outfire Browser has to offer.
To be safe, we suggest that you scan the computer with updated sets of anti-malware and anti-virus tools. This is the only sure way to know if Outfire Browser is worth using without putting your computer and privacy in danger.
How to Remove Outfire Browser
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Outfire Browser
The main cause of adware and malware could be dubious software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Outfire Browser or Claralabs entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Outfire Browser. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Outfire Browser Add-on/Extension and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Outfire Browser from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Outfire Browser on the affected browser.
Step 4: Reset Internet Browser to completely remove Outfire Browser
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Outfire Browser. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Outfire Browser. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. Click on the Menu (three-bar icon) located on the upper right side corner of the browser.
3. From the pull-down menu, click on Settings.
4. Once your are on chrome://settings/ tab, click on ‘Advanced‘ at the bottom of the window.
5. Navigate to the bottom of the page and click on Reset settings to their original defaults button.
6. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed Outfire Browser extension.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Outfire Browser.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Outfire Browser should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Outfire Browser and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.