online.loginwinner.com is considered as an adware-related web site. It hosts some of the adware files that may bring various abnormalities when executed on the computer. Some compromised sites that you visit may redirect browser to online.loginwinner.com. On the other hand, adware’s presence on the computer will do the same harm.
The purpose of online.loginwinner.com is simply to trick computer users to download what it offers to be an update for Media Player and Flash Player. The truth, files that are hosted on the web site are packed with various adware. Although it is not as harmful as computer virus, the effect of online.loginwinner.com is somehow unbearable. Constant redirect to the web site is annoying, and once you download and execute file from it, the result could be disastrous.
Be reminded that when you see a pop-up messages from online.loginwinner.com, do not click on any button. This pop-up indicates that an adware is ready to conquer your computer. It is better to cease Internet connection before making any actions.
The only way to prevent online.loginwinner.com from flowing into the computer is by having a decent security tool. But you should never rely on security programs alone. Safe use of the Internet is always the first defense against threats.
This site is also responsible for showing unwanted ‘Sponsorship‘ pop-ups like the following:
- How many triangles do you see in the picture?
- You’ve got 1 message! Open now.
- What animal are you?
- How many cats do you see?
- Congratulations! Your IP was chosen as a candidate to win an Ipad. 1 new message. Click here to win an Ipad.
- Shoot the new iPhone 5
- Personal Test Body Age
- Do you have a perfect body?
Online Security Scanner Report for online.loginwinner.com:
One method to identify if the web address is safe or risky is by obtaining data from various online security web site scanners. However, you cannot simply rely on this especially if the web address in question is fairly new. As you can see in the result below, online.loginwinner.com is rated safe by two scanners. While McAfee still has no rating on the web site yet.
How to Stop online.loginwinner.com Pop-up
Stage 1: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below. Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to online.loginwinner.com. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 2: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted online.loginwinner.com from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of online.loginwinner.com on the affected browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with online.loginwinner.com. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to online.loginwinner.com. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tuneup. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain it the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please see add-on removal from Internet Explorer.