OfferDirect or OfferssDirect ads may appear on the browser if extension or plug-in was installed. Most of the time, users are not aware on the installation of this potentially unwanted program. It often arrives on the computer as software bundles. You may have downloaded freeware that is packed with OfferDirect. Therefore, the adware is loaded into the browser while installing such dubious free program.
If OfferDirect if fully installed, it will generate pop-ups and banners containing alerts that are relevant to your online shopping. It is most noticeable when you are browsing shopping web sites or viewing online products. OfferDirect claims that it helps user find better prices and stores where they can purchase the same product. However, due to certain invalid redirects and irrelevant web pages that it shows, some people deemed it as computer virus.
At first, users may find OfferDirect helpful. However, once it begins to display excessive ads and banners, most users considers it nothing but an annoying program. Not to mention that adware like OfferDirect can endanger your online privacy. It may gather various data from the system like visited websites, product preferences, and search queries. This information is very much useful for makers of OfferDirect to further strengthen the presence of ads on the browser. It can display concentrated promotions that are more appealing using collected data from victims.
If you need to remove OfferDirect from the computer because you are worried that it may cause more damages, then, you need to execute the guide below. Scan the computer with suggested tool to find and delete hidden malicious objects that are linked to OfferDirect.
Online Security Scanner Report for offerssdirect.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Nov. 11, 2017|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No Data||Nov. 11, 2017|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No Data||Nov. 11, 2017|
How to Remove OfferDirect Adware
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall OfferDirect
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove OfferDirect entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to OfferDirect. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted OfferDirect from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of OfferDirect on the affected browser.