Notify-service.com is annoying browser redirect that user may stumble upon after paying a visit to dubious websites. On some instances, this window will appear if potentially unwanted program (PUP) manages to integrate its code onto the browser. As such, cleaning the Mac system is important, but not with the security program promoted by Notify-service.com.
It is obvious that this web page is promoting various questionable apps including rogue software such as Revive My Mac, Mac Tonic Pro, and other similar bogus security and optimization tools. Notify-service.com serves and disguise as local warning to scare computer users and persuade them to buy the full version of the bogus security product. Some of the warnings it will display are the following:
“Your Mac is infected…”
“Flash Player update is available for your computer. Older versions of Flash Player are vulnerable to online threats, you’ll want to make sure you’re always using the most recent version. If you’re not running the most recent version, you might see an error message instead of your content…”
“Your System is missing critical plugin updates. If you will not update them you will encounter problems playing videos and flash content…”
As displayed in the image above, sub-domain push2.notify-service.com is enticing web user to download a supposed critical software update. Instead, what will get installed is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and a couple of bundled suspicious apps.
As mentioned, never procure a copy of the product being endorsed by Notify-service.com. It is not essential in cleaning the computer. Instead, use our guide on this page to stop this annoying pop-up warning. Scanning the system with reputable anti-malware tool is suggested to ensure that Mac system is free from any kind of threats.
Procedures to Remove Notify-service.com from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide for Mac users. It will help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Notify-service.com. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Notify-service.com.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 1 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Notify-service.com.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Notify-service.com is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
Get rid of Notify-service.com Pop-ups (Notification)
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website Notify-service.com. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Notify-service.com are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, Notify-service.com pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with pop-ups if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Notify-service.com from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below. Remember, these steps may only be successful after the removal of the main component or dubious browser extension.
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allow" section and look for Notify-service.com.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Notify-service.com list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Notify-service.com from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Notify-service.com entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Notify-service.com pop-up is gone.
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Notify-service.com.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Notify-service.com pop-up is gone.
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select Notify-service.com from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.