Nordsearch2017.net is an average homepage redirect adware that utilizes a questionable search engine. This adware supersedes start-up page and new tab on infected internet browser software. If Nordsearch2017.net exists on the computer, it only denotes that PUP or malicious program is controlling browser configuration.
Much older variants of this homepage hijacker includes Doni2016-search.com and Daiksearch2016.com. All of them have this trend of replacing browser’s default search engine with its own so that it can manipulate search results. Adding advertising links and making it look like normal search result link is one deceiving yet profitable way for adware makers to gain money.
In addition, there are also web redirects when using Nordsearch2017.net for online searching. It diverts internet traffic to unsolicited web pages. Due to this, computer users deemed the whole scenario as some form of virus attack.
In general, Nordsearch2017.net is not yet in the category of computer virus. Even though most adware and browser hijacker performs illegal act similar to viruses, it is still less harmful. Adware do not infect files and never spreads from one computer to another. User intervention is needed for Nordsearch2017.net adware to get installed. Therefore, it has to be bundled to freeware and shareware as a form of deployment.
Even if Nordsearch2017.net is not yet classed as computer virus, it is still highly advice to remove it from the computer as soon as possible. It possesses risky feature that may soon cause malware infections. For complete removal procedures, please explore this page. We also provided free yet effective scanner to instantly remove any adware including Nordsearch2017.net.
Online Security Scanner Report for nordsearch2017.net:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Nov. 21, 2016|
|Dangerous||Feedback: Spam URL||Nov. 21, 2016|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||Nov. 21, 2016|
Nordsearch2017.net Browser Hijacker Removal Procedure
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
It is highly suggested that you carry out all the steps in exact manner to effectively get rid of malware.
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
This rootkit and virus removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any rootkit, malware as well as threat like Nordsearch2017.net home page hijacker. The tool is powerful enough to find malicious items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file to your Desktop so that we can access the file easily.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, navigate to the file location and double-click it. This will start the installation procedure. User Account Control will prompt if you want to run the program, click Yes to continue.
3. On initial launch of the program, it will display a welcome screen as shown in the image below. Click Next to start the installation procedure.
4. Next, you need to accept the license agreement before Sophos Virus Removal Tool can be installed onto the computer. Choose ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement’. Then, click Next button.
5. On the next prompts, please click appropriate button to proceed. At the end of the installation process, it will display InstallShield Wizard Completed. Just leave the Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool with a check mark. Then, click Finish.
6. The tool will download necessary updates so Internet connection is required at this point. Lastly, Sophos Virus Removal Tool displays the welcome screen.
7. Click on Start Scanning button to begin checking the system for presence of rootkit and virus. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Nordsearch2017.net. It also detects and removes other malicious files.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Nordsearch2017.net. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 3: Remove Nordsearch2017.net Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Nordsearch2017.net from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Nordsearch2017.net on the affected browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Nordsearch2017.net
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Nordsearch2017.net. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Nordsearch2017.net. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Reset Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Nordsearch2017.net home page hijacker should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain it the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Nordsearch2017.net and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please see view instructions here.