Ninja_gaiver@aol.com ransom virus enters the computer through spam email messages. It disguises as important correspondence that entices user to open attached file. Lately, subject such as invoice, payments, delivery, purchases, and taxes are widely used. Once executed, Ninja_gaiver@aol.com encrypts selected file on the computer using complex algorithm. Almost every ransomware in recent months are using the same technique so that they can demand for payment in order for users to recover infected files.
While encrypting important files, this ransomware append the extension with .firstname.lastname@example.org. Then, attacker demands certain amount that you have to pay to obtain decryption instructions. Normally, makers of Ninja_gaiver@aol.com virus will demand payment in Bitcoin currency online that does not require revealing their identity.
Software flaws and vulnerabilities are the common entry point of malware such as this. Executing malicious email attachment triggers the virus to exploit flaws and spread the infection on target computer. Ransomware scans the computer for target files and uses sophisticated encryption method. Then, it provides text file containing instructions to contact the email address provided in order to decrypt Ninja_gaiver@aol.com encrypted files.
As of now, no dedicated programs can help victims directly regain access to infected files. You may try our suggestion below but it is not yet tested for this type of infection. Use this program at your own discretion.
System Restore of Windows may help in resolving issues with viruses and malware. However, it will not settle problems with encrypted files. If your computer is running on Windows Vista/7 or later, perhaps ‘Previous Versions’ may help restore files from backup.
Use RannohDecryptor Tool Before Disinfecting the PC
This ransomware is identified to be a part of Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Rannoh family. In that case, a tool developed by Kaspersky may be able to help you recover files encrypted by Ninja_gaiver@aol.com. We highly suggest to backup your files before running this tool.
How to Remove Ninja_gaiver@aol.com Ransomware
Ransomware files are placed deeply into the system and on various locations, thus, thorough scanning is vital to totally remove Ninja_gaiver@aol.com Ransomware virus. Aside from our suggested tool, you may also run your own security program.
Though affected files may be impossible to decrypt due to complexity of the encryption, you can still try recovery method like Shadow Explorer or Previous Version as described below.
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Ninja_gaiver@aol.com Ransomware virus and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 2: Double-check for Ninja_gaiver@aol.com Ransomware’s leftover with Microsoft’s Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for Ninja_gaiver@aol.com Ransomware. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all Ninja_gaiver@aol.com Ransomware virus entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that Ninja_gaiver@aol.com Ransomware have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.
Stage 3 : Unlocking files that were encrypted by email@example.com Ransomware
This is a generic decryption procedure using RakhniDecryptor for the following types:
1. Download Kaspersky RakhniDecryptor version 18.104.22.168 or higher from the link below and save the file to your hard drive.
RakhniDecryptor Download Link (this will open on a new window)
2. Extract the downloaded file to any preferred location.
3. Double-click on RakhniDecryptor.exe to run the tool.
4. Click on Start Scan button to begin the process of searching for firstname.lastname@example.org encrypted files.
5. RakhniDecryptor will prompt your to specify the path for encrypted files. Navigate to folder containing .email@example.com encrypted files. Select supported files types such as Word, Excel, Music, Image, and so on. Never choose Text file on the selection as it may cause errors during decryption process.
6. After selecting file types, click on Open button. RakhniDecryptor will scan the computer for files similar to ones your have chosen. Therefore, you may need to run a separate scan for different files types and extensions.
7. The tool will prompt you once scan and decryption has completed. Click on Details to view the scan results.
8. On Scan results screen, you will have the list of all files successfully decrypted by the tool. You may now close the program and manually delete encrypted files.
Option 1: Windows Previous Version Tool
Windows Vista and Windows 7 have a feature called Previous Versions. However, this tool is only usable if restore point was made prior to Ninja_gaiver@aol.com Ransomware virus infection. To use this tool and recover files affected by the virus, please follow these steps:
1. Open My Computer or Windows Explorer.
2. Right-click on the affected files or folders. From the drop-down list, please click on Restore previous versions.
3. New window will open display all backup copy of files and folders you wanted to recover. Choose the appropriate file and click on Open, Copy, or Restore. Restoring selected files overwrites the current encrypted files on the computer.
Option 2: Use ShadowExplorer to restore files encrypted by Ninja_gaiver@aol.com Ransomware
Just like Previous Version tool, ShadowExplorer is taking advantage of shadow copy created by Windows. This tool allows you to retrieve older version of files before it was encrypted by Ninja_gaiver@aol.com Ransomware.
1. Download ShadowExplorer from the official web site.
2. Install the program with the default settings.
3. The program should run automatically after installation. If not, double-click on ShadowExplorer icon.
4. You can see the drop-down list on top of the console. Please select proper drive and the most recent point-in-time shadow copies of files you wish to restore prior to Ninja_gaiver@aol.com Ransomware infection.
5. Right-click on the Drive, Folder, or File you wish to restore and click Export…
6. Lastly, ShadowExplorer will prompt for location where you want to save the copy of recovered files.