Newtaba.com is a browser hijacker that belongs to Linkury group of adware. It can become your home page and set as default search provider once adware manages to take a spot on the computer. The search box on your home page mimics almost every valid search engine. However, Newtaba.com is introduced mainly in Russian language.
It is not suggested to use Newtaba.com because like other dubious search engine as isearch.safefinder.net and search.bakinu.com, it can produce malicious search results. In addition, unreliable data provided by this unknown search may lead to malware infection particularly links put up by cyber criminals. Be reminded that some links or ads from Newtaba.com are unreliable and may expose your computer to various adware attacks.
Although Newtaba.com is presented as valid search, some security experts agree that the site must be avoided. There are recommendable search portals that you may use that do not harm computer and internet browser program. Sites like Google, Yahoo, Bing, and other legitimate search are safe to use and produces reliable search results.
Newtaba.com traverse the internet bundled to freeware. Attaching adware to free software is one effective way to spread malicious search engine. Most of the time, user fails to notice the installation of bundled adware because it uses stealth installation technique. In particular, Newtaba.com will never seek permission from user during the setup process.
To make sure that accidental loading of adware will never happen again, download programs only from reputable source. When installing programs, always choose Custom and avoid Recommended method. This way, you can opt-out any unwanted programs.
Online Security Scanner Report for newtaba.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||July 02, 2016|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No data||July 02, 2016|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||July 02, 2016|
Newtaba.com Browser Hijacker Removal Procedure
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
This malware and virus removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any rootkit, malware as well as threat like Newtaba.com home page hijacker. The tool is powerful enough to find malicious items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file to your Desktop so that we can access the file easily.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, navigate to the file location and double-click it. This will start the installation procedure. User Account Control will prompt if you want to run the program, click Yes to continue.
3. On initial launch of the program, it will display a welcome screen as shown in the image below. Click Next to start the installation procedure.
4. Next, you need to accept the license agreement before Sophos Virus Removal Tool can be installed onto the computer. Choose ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement’. Then, click Next button.
5. On the next prompts, please click appropriate button to proceed. At the end of the installation process, it will display InstallShield Wizard Completed. Just leave the Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool with a check mark. Then, click Finish.
6. The tool will download necessary updates so Internet connection is required at this point. Lastly, Sophos Virus Removal Tool displays the welcome screen.
7. Click on Start Scanning button to begin checking the system for presence of rootkit and virus. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Newtaba.com. It also detects and removes other malicious files.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Newtaba.com. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 3: Remove Newtaba.com Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Newtaba.com from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Newtaba.com on the affected browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Newtaba.com
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Newtaba.com. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Newtaba.com. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Newtaba.com home page hijacker should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain it the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Newtaba.com and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please view instructions here.
Post Last Modified On July 5, 2016