Newtab.getwallpapers.fm is a graphical search tool that will override settings of homepage upon successful installation of Google Chrome add-on named Wallpapers New Tab. Official website declares that this tool is useful in decorating homepage with high-quality images. It allows users to get instant access to online wallpapers and instantly apply them to homepage and new tab window. Part of this tool is Newtab.getwallpapers.fm search, which claims to enhance users browsing experience that gives fast and accurate results.
Newtab.getwallpapers.fm may be intrusive and make changes while giving only little notices to computer users. Due to this behavior, some computer users deemed it as computer malware or virus. Hence, security experts promptly disagree with this claim. Newtab.getwallpapers.fm or Wallpapers New Tab is a non-infectious program. It never spreads on its own and do not affect system and other vital executable files on the computer. Therefore, Wallpapers New Tab is not hazardous and is never categorized as computer virus. However, its existence on ones computer may perform illicit actions such as data gathering and web activity monitoring.
It is really stunning and relaxing to see HD wallpapers on homepage and new tab of Google Chrome. However, it is important to make sure that using such tool never compromises the security and privacy of the computer. If there is a need to remove Newtab.getwallpapers.fm to restore browser settings to default, we have prepared a simple guide below. Please execute the steps in exact order to ensure complete removal of the Newtab.getwallpapers.fm extension.
Online Security Scanner Report for newtab.getwallpapers.fm:
|Not yet tested||Feedback: No data||Updated: Dec. 01, 2018|
|Minimal risk||Feedback: No data||Updated: Dec. 01, 2018|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||Updated: Dec. 01, 2018|
How to Remove Newtab.getwallpapers.fm
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Remove Newtab.getwallpapers.fm from Google Chrome
We are presenting various options to remove Newtab.getwallpapers.fm from Google Chrome browser using only internal functions and approach. Most of browser annoyances can be fixed via these processes. If Newtab.getwallpapers.fm persists after executing these steps, it is better to run anti-malware scan as suggested below.
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove Newtab.getwallpapers.fm from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete Newtab.getwallpapers.fm or Wallpapers Extension by clicking on Remove or Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of Newtab.getwallpapers.fm removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Newtab.getwallpapers.fm. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar, please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults button. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Newtab.getwallpapers.fm. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data.
Option 3 – Use Google Chrome Clean Up Feature
1. On Google Chrome address bar, input this string: chrome://settings/cleanup and then press Enter on keyboard.
2. Click Find button to start scanning the computer.
Step 2 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Newtab.getwallpapers.fm
The main cause of homepage hijacking and browser redirect could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Newtab.getwallpapers.fm entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 3 : Scan the computer with MBAM Tool
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MBSetup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to Newtab.getwallpapers.fm.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including Newtab.getwallpapers.fm and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Step 4 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Newtab.getwallpapers.fm. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.