Homepage hijacker called Newtab.getmusictab.org is a creation of browser extension named MusicTab Newtab Extension. It asserts to be a practical solution to access thousands of worldwide high quality radio stations. To support this claim, Newtab.getmusictab.org features various buttons on Google Chrome toolbar, which includes quick search for radio stations or specific genres.
At first glimpse, Newtab.getmusictab.org may appear like a valid search engine because it has clean user interface. In addition, users may not notice the unwanted replacement of Newtab.getmusictab.org on their default homepage and new tab window. If ever there are some who detect the unsolicited changes, they prefer to remain as it is because they do not know the risks of having Newtab.getmusictab.org on the browser.
Obviously, Newtab.getmusictab.org is an intrusive search engine that can dominate Google Chrome browser even without approval from users. It can enter the computer while hiding inside dubious freeware. Installation was made discrete so that there will be no interruption in the process. Once fully installed, it loads the extension that will be in-charge for the replacement of default homepage, new tab, and search tool.
In most instances, it is too late for users to identify the risk of having Newtab.getmusictab.org on the browser. Nevertheless, we made a guide below that is helpful in removing the browser hijacker using simple and easy procedures. Do not forget to scan the computer with malware and virus removal tools to find and delete malicious objects relevant to Newtab.getmusictab.org.
How to Remove Newtab.getmusictab.org
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Remove Newtab.getmusictab.org from Google Chrome
We are presenting various options to remove Newtab.getmusictab.org from Google Chrome browser using only internal functions and approach. Most of browser annoyances can be fixed via these processes. If Newtab.getmusictab.org persists after executing these steps, it is better to run anti-malware scan as suggested below.
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove Newtab.getmusictab.org from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete Newtab.getmusictab.org or MusicTab Newtab Extension by clicking on Remove or Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of Newtab.getmusictab.org removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Newtab.getmusictab.org. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar, please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults button. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Newtab.getmusictab.org. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data.
Option 3 – Use Google Chrome Clean Up Feature
1. On Google Chrome address bar, input this string: chrome://settings/cleanup and then press Enter on keyboard.
2. Click Find button to start scanning the computer.
Step 2 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Newtab.getmusictab.org
The main cause of homepage hijacking and browser redirect could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Newtab.getmusictab.org entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 3 : Scan the computer with MBAM Tool
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MBSetup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to Newtab.getmusictab.org.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including Newtab.getmusictab.org and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Step 4 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Newtab.getmusictab.org. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.