NewPlayer is an unacceptable online movie player that every user wishes get rid from the PC. It is deemed as invasive type of software that may be installed on the computer without user’s full knowledge. This kind of malware is spreading on thousand of computers worldwide through Internet connection. Software exploits and vulnerabilities in Internet browser programs are believed to be exploited by NewPlayer to gain access on target computer. Malicious links from social media sites and spam email messages also contributes to the delivery of NewPlayer onto victim’s PC.
When this potentially unwanted program is run on the system, it can perform various actions to take control of certain Windows functions. Furthermore, NewPlayer may provide entries to instantly remove its code when user is not comfortable with it. However, using this option doesn’t fully remove the software. In addition, this unknown multimedia player may download other potentially unwanted program onto the computer.
As you can see, NewPlayer program was made to steal money from you using various method of deception. Never pay for this worthless program and execute the removal steps to eliminate this threat from the computer right away.
Online Security Scanner Report for newvideoplayer.com:
|Warning||Feedback: Threats found||Updated: Sept. 15, 2015|
|Link is safe||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Sept. 15, 2015|
|Currently safe||Ratings: No Data||Updated: Sept. 15, 2015|
How to Remove NewPlayer
Stage 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall NewPlayer
The main cause of adware and malware presence could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove NewPlayer entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds NewPlayer and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for NewPlayer ‘ leftover with Microsoft’s Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for NewPlayer . Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all NewPlayer entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that NewPlayer have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.