NetMovies Search is an illusory Google Chrome extension acting as vital browser add-on for movies and films enthusiast. However, due to intrusions it carried out to gain access on target computer, most security experts dubbed it as potentially unwanted program (PUP) or Adware. After successful infiltration, NetMovies Search alters browser settings and configures some of its parameters. Homepage is the most affected because it will be replaced with an unknown one. Similarly, NetMovies Search affects default search engine.
By using the customized search engine of this adware, user’s browser may be driven to doubtful website through its redirect script. Excessive display of advertisements may also appear on the screen while surfing the internet. These annoyances will have huge effect on overall system performance. Enough reason for user to experience sluggish computing and intolerable browsing routine.
One nastier feature of NetMovies Search is a tracking mechanism. This adware is able to gather information from infected browser. It can record internet surfing history like visited websites, search terms, and other relevant data. As a result, collected data may be use by NetMovies Search authors to improve advertising pattern and serve appealing promotions and endorsements.
It is clear that NetMovies Search can harm the computer and is a risk to ones online privacy. Therefore, we highly advise to delete it from the browser as soon as possible. The best way to remove NetMovies Search from the computer is to scan it with effective anti-malware and anti-virus program. For a complete guide to get rid of NetMovies Search, please visit the special section on this page.
How to Remove NetMovies Search
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall NetMovies Search
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove NetMovies Search entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to NetMovies Search. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted NetMovies Search from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of NetMovies Search on the affected browser.
Step 4: Remove NetMovies Search from Google Chrome
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove NetMovies Search from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete NetMovies Search by clicking on Remove or Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of NetMovies Search removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from NetMovies Search. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by NetMovies Search. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.