Google Chrome extension named MyVideoTab claims to lets user enjoy latest movie trailers and reviews. It is also promoted as a powerful web search tool especially when looking for movie and video related topics online. These features by MyVideoTab are probably the reason why some computer users are tricked to use this application even though it was installed without their consent.
MyVideoTab and most adware sneaks onto the computer by means of freeware or third-party programs. It can be bundled to free tools, games, download manager, media player, or fake software update. This persuasive software bundle can shun away from user’s attention by running a stealthy installation method. Therefore, MyVideoTab may suddenly appear on the computer without soliciting user’s approval.
Currently, MyVideoTab is not yet considered as useful and trusted browser extension. In fact, it belongs to a category of adware due to its intrusive behavior. This only implies that computer is at risk during the existence of MyVideoTab. The adware inflicts most damages on Google Chrome browser. This is very evident on the unwanted modification of homepage and search engine settings. URL like Mysearch.com will replace user’s own preferred website.
Changes made by MyVideoTab on the browser also lead to browser hijacking and extreme display of pop-up advertisements. The only way to stop these annoyances is to scan the computer with trusted anti-virus and anti-malware tools. Below are complete guide to effectively remove MyVideoTab and other malicious objects from the computer.
Online Security Scanner Report for myvideotab.com:
|Not yet tested||Feedback: No data||Nov. 21, 2017|
|Minimal risk||Feedback: No data||Nov. 21, 2017|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||Nov. 21, 2017|
How to Remove MyVideoTab
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall MyVideoTab
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove MyVideoTab entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to MyVideoTab. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted MyVideoTab from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of MyVideoTab on the affected browser.
Step 4: Remove MyVideoTab from Google Chrome
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove MyVideoTab from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete MyVideoTab by clicking on Remove or Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of MyVideoTab removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from MyVideoTab. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by MyVideoTab. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.