Mysearch.space is a browser hijacker that can be placed on the homepage by Smart Search extension. Unfortunately, only handful computer users are well informed that this unwanted program is successfully distributed over the internet by enclosing the installer file to a number of freeware or shareware. Hence, Mysearch.space can freely enter the computer if the user patronizes the guilty free software. Some users are totally wary on this attack, but they accidentally catch this adware while in pursuit of cost-less application with attractive features.
Sources of Mysearch.space infection
With many web users currently relying on free programs and keeps on acquiring them without caring for their safety, achieving the extinction of browser hijacker like Mysearch.space is quite impossible. In fact, it has evolved from simple homepage hijacker to becoming thieves of personal online data. Initially, homepage hijackers were made as profit generating adware that exhibits advertisements on the browser and operates under pay-per-click settlement between advertisers and adware makers. In recent years, it progresses as an app that is able to monitor browsing habits of web users and capable of logging search keywords, favorite websites, IP address and geographical location.
Risks to online privacy and security
Makers of Mysearch.space and other browser hijackers discovered an opportunity to maximize the adware existence on internet applications to elevate their revenue. Collected information from the infected browser may land on third-party online marketing company if adware makers agree to sell the data. This multi-million dollar business is the rationale why makers of Mysearch.space want limitless access to browser programs.
To stop Mysearch.space from exploiting the browser, it is significant to eliminate the VTwitAlpha or any questionable extension as soon as possible. These procedures also restore online privacy and security of users. Though it is quite a challenge to remove Mysearch.space, our guide is so basic that even non-technical users can execute.
Mysearch.space Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the Adware on compromised Windows computers. Aside from removing the malicious browser extension, this guide is also helpful for deleting pop-ups and redirects. In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner
To remove Mysearch.space adware from the computer, follow the steps below.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with a powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of adware like Mysearch.space through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file; please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like Mysearch.space, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete Mysearch.space adware, including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if you are comfortable manually getting rid of the threat and malicious items linked to it.
Step 1 : Turn Off Sync on Google Chrome
1. Open the Google Chrome browser.
2. In the address bar, please type the following: chrome://settings/syncSetup
3. On the Settings page, click the Turn off button to disable syncing Chrome settings between devices.
If you don't want to stop syncing other sections like Apps, Bookmarks, History, Theme, and so on, please click on Manage what you sync. Next, select Customize sync. To successfully remove Mysearch.space, you may disable only Apps and Extensions data. Please restart the Google Chrome browser.
Step 2 : Delete Mysearch.space or Suspicious Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs use an application called a "browser extension" to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend checking and removing the extension that is closely related to Mysearch.space. If it is not present, look for and delete any suspicious browser extension.
Remove the Mysearch.space Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open your Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on the keyboard.
3. Find Mysearch.space or any relevant entry and remove it from the Google Chrome browser.
Uninstall the Mysearch.space Extension from Mozilla Firefox
1. Open the Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on the keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions from the sidebar menu.
4. Look for an object that pertains to Mysearch.space and remove it from the browser.
After deleting the malicious browser extension, it is expected that pop-ups and other troubles will be gone from the internet browser.
Remove Mysearch.space from Microsoft Windows and Edge Browser
1. On your keyboard, press Windows Key + R and then, type the appwiz.cpl command.
2. The Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in a chronological manner, with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on the 'Installed On' column.
3. Select Mysearch.space or a recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from the Windows system.
If Mysearch.space is still present on the browser and there are still homepage and pop-ups, another option is to remove the adware from the browser settings.
4. Open the Microsoft Edge program.
5. Input edge://extensions/ in the URL bar and press Enter on the keyboard.
6. Look for and Remove or Disable entries for Mysearch.space from the Installed Extensions area. Additionally, delete the same object from the Search Providers section by executing the Hijacker Removal Procedure for Edge.
7. Close the window and restart Microsoft Edge.
Step 3 : Scan the computer with Sophos Antivirus
To remove Mysearch.space automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful virus and malware removal tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware; it is also effective in discovering adware like Mysearch.space.
1. Download the Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the installation process.
3. On the first window of the installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch the Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. An internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove adware like Mysearch.space.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for the presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Mysearch.space and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
The above procedures should have totally eliminated the Mysearch.space adware. However, if you find that there are still remnants of the threat, please proceed to the succeeding procedures below.
Step 4 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with the AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Mysearch.space on the browser that were not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for the presence of malicious applications as well as invalid browser entries that produce annoying pop-ups.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer, especially browsers affected by Mysearch.space.
3. Browse to the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on the Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated with Mysearch.space. It will also check for suspicious entries in browser settings.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of the detected threats.
Check if your internet browser application is no longer being bothered by Mysearch.space. If the adware still persists, please continue with the steps below to reset internet programs to their default settings.
Optional : Reset Internet Browser Program
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Mysearch.space. The procedure below discusses on resetting various browsers to their default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to its default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extensions, such as Mysearch.space. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty removing unwanted extensions.
1. Open the Google Chrome internet browser.
2. On the address bar, type chrome://settings/reset and press the Enter key.
3. Click on Reset Settings on the sidebar and choose Restore settings to their original defaults.
4. On the confirmation window, click the Reset settings button to clear all entries for Mysearch.space.
5. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed the Mysearch.space extension and associated objects.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extensions from Firefox that may be related to Mysearch.space. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only a specific extension, please see the manual removal of add-ons from Firefox.
1. Input the string about:support on the Firefox web address and press Enter on the keyboard.
2. You will now see the Troubleshooting Information page of Mozilla Firefox.
3. You will notice a section in the upper-right corner of the screen stating, Give Firefox a tune-up. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
4. If a confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
5. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Mysearch.space should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Microsoft Edge to Default Settings
1. Open the Microsoft Edge browser.
2. On the address bar, please input edge://settings/reset and press Enter on the keyboard.
3. Once you are on the Reset Settings page, click on Restore settings to their default values.
4. A confirmation window will appear; click on the Reset button to continue.
Your data, like favorites, bookmarks, and history, will remain in the browser. However, this process will delete add-ons by Mysearch.space and other unknown objects.
Mysearch.space and "Managed by your organization" Policy
If Mysearch.space has set a policy and it was able to restrict making modifications, we recommend to execute additional procedures to remove extension and Browser is managed by organization policy. You can also watch the tutorial video below.