Google Chrome extension MyPersonalPDF Ads claims to give users easy way of converting Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other files to PDF format. However, before user can avail this function, MyPersonalPDF Ads extension needs to be installed on the browser. This free PDF conversion offers also comes with an agreement that users should be willing to receive advertising during the usage of this tool. In fact, it is clearly stated on their website as follows:
Mypersonalpdf offers pdf converter in exchange for an agreement to install our software and receive advertising.
Advertising can be served through either in-text, pop-up/under, transitional, shopping and/or banner ads.
Ads served by Mypersonalpdf will always show the Mypersonalpdf brand and are clickable.
Unlike most unwanted PDF conversion tool that are giving users complex way of removing their program, MyPersonalPDF provides clear and easy to understand solution. The extension can be uninstalled straight from the browser’s toolbar or from Extensions Panel of Google Chrome application.
If in case users are having difficulty removing the program, we made a systematic guide on this page to effectively get rid of MyPersonalPDF. Be sure to execute the steps in exact order to properly remove the extension. Also included are anti-malware and anti-virus tools that scans the computer and delete any malicious programs if there are any.
MyPersonalPDF Ads Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Remove MyPersonalPDF Ads from Google Chrome
We are presenting various options to remove MyPersonalPDF Ads from Google Chrome browser using only internal functions and approach. Most of browser annoyances can be fixed via these processes. If MyPersonalPDF Ads persists after executing these steps, it is better to run anti-malware scan as suggested below.
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove MyPersonalPDF Ads from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete MyPersonalPDF Ads by clicking on Remove or Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of MyPersonalPDF Ads removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from MyPersonalPDF Ads. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar, please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults button. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by MyPersonalPDF Ads. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data.
Option 3 – Use Google Chrome Clean Up Feature
1. On Google Chrome address bar, input this string: chrome://settings/cleanup and then press Enter on keyboard.
2. Click Find button to start scanning the computer.
Step 2 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall MyPersonalPDF Ads
The main cause of homepage hijacking and browser redirect could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove MyPersonalPDF Ads entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 3 : Scan the computer with MBAM Tool
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file mb3-setup-consumer-x.x.x.xxxx.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan from the menu to see available Scan Method.
6. Next, click on Threat Scan. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to MyPersonalPDF Ads.
7. Click Start Scan button to begin checking the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including MyPersonalPDF Ads and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Step 4 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to MyPersonalPDF Ads. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.