MyBrowsersPage.com is endorsed as browser’s starter page with Metro design, graphical list of popular sites, and it includes multiple search engines. At first look, user can barely spot how this program can harm the computer. However, once it begins to redirect browsers to designated website, they start to associate MyBrowsersPage.com to computer virus. Moreover, this unwanted homepage may produce pop-up ads and other annoying promotions.
Technically speaking, MyBrowsersPage.com is not a computer virus. It is proper to be in the category of Adware or Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) just like its other variants. Threats within this group are easier to contain than viruses or malware. In addition, MyBrowsersPage.com only targets browser applications like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox.
Even if MyBrowsersPage.com is not regard as harmful as other threats, this does not mean that you can let it stay on the computer. Be mindful that it can cause annoyances through pop-up ads and redirects. Furthermore, MyBrowsersPage.com can record browsing activities of victims. Gathering data on visited websites, search keywords, and personal information are its other undertakings aside from generating revenue from online advertisements.
Maybe it is now clear why security experts insist that MyBrowsersPage.com is not safe to be on computer. For this reason, quick guide to remove this threat was made available on this page. Follow the steps in orderly manner to completely remove MyBrowsersPage.com. Scanning the computer with suggested tools is highly vital to automatically find and delete malicious files from the computer.
Online Security Scanner Report for mybrowserspage.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Oct. 23, 2017|
|Minimal risk||Feedback: No data||Oct. 23, 2017|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||Oct. 23, 2017|
MyBrowsersPage.com Removal Procedure
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
This rootkit and virus removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any rootkit, malware as well as threat like MyBrowsersPage.com home page hijacker. The tool is powerful enough to find malicious items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file to your Desktop so that we can access the file easily.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, navigate to the file location and double-click it. This will start the installation procedure. User Account Control will prompt if you want to run the program, click Yes to continue.
3. On initial launch of the program, it will display a welcome screen as shown in the image below. Click Next to start the installation procedure.
4. Next, you need to accept the license agreement before Sophos Virus Removal Tool can be installed onto the computer. Choose ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement’. Then, click Next button.
5. On the next prompts, please click appropriate button to proceed. At the end of the installation process, it will display InstallShield Wizard Completed. Just leave the Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool with a check mark. Then, click Finish.
6. The tool will download necessary updates so Internet connection is required at this point. Lastly, Sophos Virus Removal Tool displays the welcome screen.
7. Click on Start Scanning button to begin checking the system for presence of rootkit and virus. The tool reveals items that were found linked to MyBrowsersPage.com. It also detects and removes other malicious files.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to MyBrowsersPage.com. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 3: Remove MyBrowsersPage.com Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted MyBrowsersPage.com from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of MyBrowsersPage.com on the affected browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from MyBrowsersPage.com
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with MyBrowsersPage.com. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Remove MyBrowsersPage.com from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by MyBrowsersPage.com. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to MyBrowsersPage.com. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating ‘Give Firefox a Tune Up’. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. MyBrowsersPage.com home page hijacker should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain it the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by MyBrowsersPage.com and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please view instructions here.