My Sys Mechanic is an intrusive Windows optimization tool that sneaks onto the computer without user’s knowledge. It may arrive on PC along with software bundles or freeware obtained from suspicious websites. Once installed, the free software also loads a copy of My Sys Mechanic discretely. Users have no control on this installation process since it was accomplished without their notice.
When fully installed, My Sys Mechanic will run a self-scan and illustrate thorough checking of the system. Surprisingly, it can detect hundreds or thousands of potentially unwanted items in just a few seconds. At the end of the scan process, My Sys Mechanic reveals malware or PUP threats and other items that are influencing system performance. As usual with most rogue product, user can only proceed with the repair after My Sys Mechanic full version is paid.
The scare tactics by providing magnitude of alarming items can persuade users to buy the program most of the time. It is too late for them to realize that My Sys Mechanic is a worthless tool that belongs to rogue family. In fact, it is clear that My Sys Mechanic is just a re-branded version of Power System Care, Power Cleaner 2018 , and many more similar products.
Presence of My Sys Mechanic is more alarming than the projected scan results. Its findings on computer are merely non-existent and are obviously shown to mislead computer users. However, the existence of the rogue program is a clear indication of danger on the system. To clean the PC, we have a systematic guide on this page. Scan the system with virus and malware removal tool to find and delete malicious objects associated with My Sys Mechanic.
How to Remove My Sys Mechanic
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Uninstall My Sys Mechanic from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select My Sys Mechanic from the list.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove the unwanted program.
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds My Sys Mechanic and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for leftover of My Sys Mechanic using Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for My Sys Mechanic . Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all My Sys Mechanic entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that My Sys Mechanic have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.
Stage 4: Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to My Sys Mechanic.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.