My Learning Buddy from official website Mylearningbuddy.co is a sort of malevolent browser extension that modifies the settings of web browser without valid approval from computer users. Adware makers plan this assault to invade and cause undesirable changes on internet navigation tool that will uphold Hp.hmylearningbuddy.co as the new default search engine.
My Learning Buddy is very aggressive in appointing its own Hp.hmylearningbuddy.co URL to the settings and the tainted internet software will begin to carry on in an unexpected way. Undesirable commercials will barrage the browser once My Learning Buddy is incorporated as browser enhancement tool. It will unseat the current home and new tab window settings with the startup page of Hp.hmylearningbuddy.co. This new setting will encourage all the online search activities to utilize the said web address in processing web user’s searches.
Relentless promotions and pop-ups will begin to show up on the contaminated web program directly after the penetration of My Learning Buddy. Such ads can upset the viewing action of Mac users because there will be too much pop-ups appearing on the web page. Persevering showcase of advertisements on the screen tends to overlay the page contents resulting constraint view of internet users. Advertisements produced via My Learning Buddy may be meddlesome commercial tricks, undesirable downloads, or URLs of bad website pages. In addition, My Learning Buddy can trigger redirection to various types of sites through pop-ups and search result pages produced by Hp.hmylearningbuddy.co. What’s more, it might display and point the browser apps to questionable servers, for example, phishing pages, web based gambling, adult oriented sites, or online frauds. These sorts of site references are not appropriate for online users to visit. However, My Learning Buddy can drive computer users to view such destinations in force.
My Learning Buddy has several misleading approaches to install itself on the computer since it is a potentially unwanted program (PUP). As a rule, adware makers incorporate My Learning Buddy on program packages like freeware and shareware and these malicious software bundles are promoted on certain file repository sites as well as online ads that show up on the browser like aggressive pop-ups. The most ideal approach to avoid unwanted apps like My Learning Buddy is by checking the program before downloading and installing them on the computer. Likewise, online clients should be conservative enough to acquire freeware from genuine providers and authority download pages.
My Learning Buddy Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised computer.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Stage 1: Delete Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to My Learning Buddy.
Remove My Learning Buddy Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find My Learning Buddy, Hp.hmylearningbuddy.co, or relevant entry and remove it from Google Chrome.
Uninstall My Learning Buddy Extension from Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to My Learning Buddy or Hp.hmylearningbuddy.co, and remove it from the browser.
Remove My Learning Buddy Add-ons from Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of My Learning Buddy from Toolbars and Extension and Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If My Learning Buddy is still present on the IE browser, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on ‘Installed On‘ column.
7. Select My Learning Buddy, Hp.hmylearningbuddy.co, or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of My Learning Buddy on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by My Learning Buddy.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to My Learning Buddy.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Stage 3: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
Lastly, we will scan the computer with a multi-function security program. This will inspect the computer for possible presence of virus, malware, rootkit, adware as well as unwanted homepage like My Learning Buddy.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program like My Learning Buddy.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to My Learning Buddy and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
Stage 4: Remove Mylearningbuddy.co Pop-up Notification
These procedures in stopping Mylearningbuddy.co pop-up notification may only be effective if relevant extension do not exist on the browser. If ever there is a relevant extension currently installed, this push notification configuration will reinstate during browser start-up. So, make sure that you have removed any malicious extension from the browser before executing the following steps.
For Google Chrome Users
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following strings in the address box and press Enter on your keyboard: chrome://settings/content/notifications
3. Navigate to “Allow” section and find Mylearningbuddy.co from the list.
4. Click on More Actions and select Block from the options.
5. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
For Mozilla Firefox Users
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser program.
2. Type the following strings on address bar and press Enter on keyboard: about:preferences#privacy
3. Under Permissions section, click on Settings button beside Notifications.
4. Look for Mylearningbuddy.co and set the status to Block.
5. Lastly, click Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from My Learning Buddy
Not all adware and PUP’s are the same. Some cannot be removed by deleting relevant extensions and codes. On this instances, resetting the browser to default configuration is the only best solution. If My Learning Buddy is still bothering you after completing all the steps above, please execute the procedures below to reset the settings of affected browser program.
Use Chrome Clean Up Tool to Delete My Learning Buddy
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. Type this strings in the address box: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down and expand Advanced settings area.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Cleanup section.
5. Click on Clean Up Computer. On next page, please click FIND to proceed.
This feature of Google Chrome aims to find harmful software and remove it instantly. If unable to delete My Learning Buddy, the other option is to Reset Google Chrome settings to its original defaults. Just go back to previous page (Clean Up Computer) and reset the settings. See more details on this page.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
If Mozilla Firefox is affected by My Learning Buddy and procedures above were not helpful, we suggest that you carry out these steps. This process can fix the issue by restoring Firefox browser to default factory state. Most browser data will be affected but not bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and internet cookies. Extensions and other installed plug-ins maybe deleted by this function. Therefore, if you wish to remove specific extension only, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser and type the following in the address bar: about:support
2. Browser will be directed to a page of Troubleshooting Information. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating ‘Give Firefox a Tune Up‘. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. Confirmation window will pop-up, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. The reset process will automatically close the browser and proceed with the restoration. Next, it will display a list of restored data. My Learning Buddy should be gone by now. Click Finish to close the current window and open a fresh window of Mozilla Firefox.