Official web page of My Inbox Helper affirms that the software is able to help users check their main inbox right from new tab page or home page. This one-click access to email account is offered free and as added feature, the program asserts that it can enhance user’s online search experience because it can provide the most relevant results.
Be aware that entry of My Inbox Helper on the computer is often without user’s consent. It is often bundled to suspicious freeware and this scheme has been the most preferred distribution channel of adware makers to reach random victims. Software bundling has been efficient because a number of web users are careless when downloading freeware. Attackers are taking advantage of this negligence and they packed My Inbox Helper to several downloadable apps that are appealing to incautious users.
During installation process of freeware, users may never observe a single hint on the integration of My Inbox Helper on their browser. The sudden changes on homepage and new tab with Search.hdownloadmyinboxhelper.com as the new default value would be the only obvious sign for user to comprehend on the illicit action perpetuated by the freeware. Startup pages are not the only area affected on this intrusion but default search engine as well. All user’s inquiry is diverted to hdownloadmyinboxhelper.com for data processing and monitoring.
Creators behind My Inbox Helper are also using an alternative deployment method via misleading advertising campaign. Because of the presented appealing features, many web users were able to engage in the downloading and installation of this browser extension. Hence, it is too late for them to realize that the program they expect to help enhance their browsing experience was made purely to display intrusive advertisements on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari.
Restoring the browser to its previous normal working condition requires complete removal of My Inbox Helper including all software related to it. To accomplish this, please execute the guide below.
My Inbox Helper Removal Procedure for PC
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised Windows computer. Aside from removing the malicious browser extension, this guide is also helpful in deleting Hdownloadmyinboxhelper.com hijacker and pop-ups.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Quick Fix - Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
To remove My Inbox Helper automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering browser hijacker like My Inbox Helper that assigns Hdownloadmyinboxhelper.com as the homepage URL.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MBSetup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to My Inbox Helper.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including My Inbox Helper and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
The chances of stopping Hdownloadmyinboxhelper.com pop-ups or redirects is also possible after the threat removal. If it still remains, please follow the Hdownloadmyinboxhelper.com pop-up removal guide.
The above procedures should have totally eliminated the My Inbox Helper browser hijacker. However, if you found that there are still remnants of the threat and Hdownloadmyinboxhelper.com still exists on internet application, please proceed to manual removal of associated objects as outlined below.
Step 1 : Delete Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to My Inbox Helper.
Remove My Inbox Helper Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find My Inbox Helper or relevant entry like Hdownloadmyinboxhelper.com and remove it from Google Chrome browser.
Uninstall My Inbox Helper Extension from Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to My Inbox Helper and remove it from the browser.
After deleting the malicious browser extension, it is expected that Hdownloadmyinboxhelper.com is also gone from the homepage.
Remove My Inbox Helper Add-ons from Internet Explorer and Edge Browser
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of My Inbox Helper from Toolbars and Extension. Additionally, delete Hdownloadmyinboxhelper.com from Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If My Inbox Helper is still present on the IE browser and there are still homepage and pop-ups originating from Hdownloadmyinboxhelper.com, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on 'Installed On' column.
7. Select My Inbox Helper or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Step 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of My Inbox Helper on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications as well as invalid browser entries that produces Hdownloadmyinboxhelper.com pop-ups.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by My Inbox Helper.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to My Inbox Helper. It will also check for suspicious entries on browser settings that is associated with Hdownloadmyinboxhelper.com.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Procedures to Remove My Inbox Helper from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide for Mac users. It will help you remove the subject malicious browser extension from internet software. In the same manner, the procedure is helpful in stopping Hdownloadmyinboxhelper.com pop-ups and browser hijacking activities.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser extension like My Inbox Helper that is responsible for displaying Hdownloadmyinboxhelper.com homepage and pop-ups. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads its latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing My Inbox Helper.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat. The following guides are also vital in deleting Hdownloadmyinboxhelper.com from the browser configuration.
Step 1 : Delete My Inbox Helper from Mac Applications
1. Go to Finder.
2. On the menu, click Go and then, select Applications from the list to open Applications Folder.
3. Find My Inbox Helper or any unwanted program.
4. Drag My Inbox Helper to Trash Bin to delete the application from Mac.
5. Right-click on Trash icon and click on Empty Trash.
Step 2 : Remove Browser Extensions that belongs to My Inbox Helper
1. Locate the add-on or extension that is relevant to the hijacker. To do this, please follow the following depending on affected browser.
Safari - Choose Preferences from the Safari menu, then click the Extensions icon. This will open a window showing all installed extensions.
Chrome - Select Preferences from the Chrome menu, and then click the Extensions link found on the left pane.
Firefox - Choose Add-ons from the Menu. Look at both the Extensions and Plug-ins lists when it opens a new window.
2. Once you have located My Inbox Helper or any relevant item like Hdownloadmyinboxhelper.com, click on Remove or Uninstall, to get rid of it.
3. Close the browser and proceed to the next steps.
Step 3 : Delete Malicious Files that have installed My Inbox Helper
1. Select and copy the string below to your Clipboard by pressing Command + C on your keyboard.
2. Go to your Finder. From the menu bar please select Go > Go to Folder...
3. Press Command + V on your keyboard to paste the copied string. Press Return to go to the said folder.
4. You will now see a folder named LaunchAgents. Take note of the following files inside the folder:
The term unknown is just a representation of the actual malware name. It is normally an unfamiliar file name such as the following:
- SpringTech, Wonderful Ideas
On some occassions, the malware is represented by a domain name that is closely related to the subject. Like in this case, it can be Hdownloadmyinboxhelper.com.
If you cannot find the specified file, please look for any unfamiliar or suspicious entries. It may be the one causing My Inbox Helper to be present on your Mac. Arranging all items to see the most latest ones may also help you identify recently installed unfamiliar files. Please press Option + Command + 4 on your keyboard to arrange the application list in chronological order.
Important: Take note of all the suspicious files as you may also delete the same item on another folder as we go on.
5. Drag all suspicious files that you may find to Trash.
6. Please restart the computer.
7. Open another folder using the same method as above. Copy and Paste the following string to easily locate the folder.
8. Look for any suspicious items that are similar to the ones in Step 4. Drag them to the Trash.
9. Repeat the process on the following non-hidden folders (without ~):
Optional : For locked files that cannot be removed, do the following:
1. Go to Launchpad and open Activity Monitor (Under Utilities or Other Folder).
2. Select the process you want to quit.
3. Click on Force Quit button.
4. You may now delete or remove locked files that belongs to My Inbox Helper browser extension or Hdownloadmyinboxhelper.com homepage hijacker.
Step 4 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including the My Inbox Helper malware and Hdownloadmyinboxhelper.com browser hijacker and pop-up provider.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, My Inbox Helper is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
Step 5 : Remove My Inbox Helper from Homepage and Search
- Open your Safari browser.
- Go to Safari Menu located on upper left hand corner, and then select Preferences.
- Under General tab, navigate to Default Search Engine section and select Google or any valid search engine.
- Next, be sure that "New Windows Open With" field is set to Homepage.
- Lastly, remove Hdownloadmyinboxhelper.com from the Homepage field. Replace it with your preferred URL to be set as your default homepage.
- Open Chrome browser.
- Type the following on the address bar and press Enter on keyboard : chrome://settings/
- Look for 'On Startup' area.
- Select 'Open a specific page or set of pages'.
- Click on More Actions and select Edit.
- Enter the desired web address as your home page, replacing Hdownloadmyinboxhelper.com. Click Save.
- To set default search engine, go to Search Engine area.
- Click on 'Manage search engines...' button.
- Go to questionable Search Engine. Click on More Actions and Click 'Remove from list'.
- Go back to Search Engine area and choose valid entry from Search engine used in the address bar.
- Run Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type the following on the address bar and hit Enter on keyboard : about:preferences
- On Startup area, select 'Show your home page' under 'When Firefox starts' field.
- Under Home Page field, type the desired URL to replace Hdownloadmyinboxhelper.com settings.
- To configure default search engine, select Search on left sidebar to display settings.
- Under Default Search Engine list, please select one.
- On the same page, you have an option to Remove unwanted search engine.
Step 6 : Delete My Inbox Helper Login Items
Some browser hijacker may also install login item into compromised account under System Preferences. This object automatically runs My Inbox Helper during user log in.
1. Go to Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
2. Select Users & Groups from the preferences window.
3. You may need to Unlock this area in order to make changes. Click on the Lock icon on lower left corner of the window.
4. Next, select user account that runs My Inbox Helper.
5. Click on Login Items tab.
6. Select My Inbox Helper, , or any suspicious entries from the list and click on the minus [-] button and confirm your actions. Please see image below for reference.
Optional : If unable to change browser settings, execute these steps:
Some user complains that there is no way to change browser settings because it is grayed out by My Inbox Helper. In such situation, it is important to check if there is unwanted profile. Please do the following:
1. Quit any running applications and launch System Preferences from your Dock.
2. Under System Preferences, click Profiles.
3. Select , My Inbox Helper or any relevant profile from the left pane. See image below.
4. At the bottom of this window, click minus [-] button to delete the account. Please refer to image above.
5. Close the Profiles window and open the affected browser to change all settings associated with My Inbox Helper.
How to remove Hdownloadmyinboxhelper.com Pop-ups (Notification)
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website Hdownloadmyinboxhelper.com. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Hdownloadmyinboxhelper.com are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, Hdownloadmyinboxhelper.com pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with pop-ups if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Hdownloadmyinboxhelper.com from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below. Remember, these steps may only be successful after the removal of the main component or dubious browser extension.
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allow" section and look for Hdownloadmyinboxhelper.com.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Hdownloadmyinboxhelper.com list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Hdownloadmyinboxhelper.com from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Hdownloadmyinboxhelper.com entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Hdownloadmyinboxhelper.com pop-up is gone.
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Hdownloadmyinboxhelper.com.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Hdownloadmyinboxhelper.com pop-up is gone.
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select Hdownloadmyinboxhelper.com from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.