MuvFlix is a questionable video streaming website that claims to let you watch movies any time and without limits. Before gaining access on this site, you will have to download a program or what it calls, necessary player. However, numerous users who accessed the site publicly denounce it for irregular credit card billings.
When viewing contents, it will require for the registration. On this process, you will have to fill-up forms asking for personal details, contact information, and most of all credit card accounts. Again, users are criticizing the billing process. It was told that MuvFlix is making unnecessary charges on credit card without the proper authority from user. Worst of all, billings are on recurring basis taking away so much funds from your bank. On these cases, victims must immediately communicate with credit card issuer to refute the charges and block any billings from MuvFlix.
Even though MuvFlix have made charges on user’s bank account, they are still barred from using some services and areas of the website. MuvFlix just steals money from naïve victims. The site cannot provide access to real full-length movies and videos due to licensing issues in which they do not possess.
If your Internet browser keeps on redirecting to MuvFlix, it can be a sign that adware is present on the computer. You must scan the computer to stop this browser hijacking issue. Below are procedures to clean the computer to remove MuvFlix. Thoroughly scan the computer with provided tools to ensure that all malicious entities are taken out from the system.
Online Security Scanner Report for muvflix.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: June 26, 2017|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No data||Updated: June 26, 2017|
|Currently safe||Feedback: No data||Updated: June 26, 2017|
Cancelling and Refund Payment from MuvFlix
To cancel and refund credit card payment charged by MuvFlix, please call the following numbers:
– International : +00-18-555-774-325
Contacting your bank or credit card company to dispute fraudulent charges may also help you get your money back. Banks normally favored victims that were billed by MuvFlix without personal knowledge and authorization.
How to Remove MuvFlix
Browser redirects and hijacking issues takes place if browser settings may have been altered by malware.
To get rid of this threat, a number of scanner and tools are suggested. Please run all these tools to ensure that no more malicious files will be left on the computer.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall MuvFlix
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove MuvFlix entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to MuvFlix. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove MuvFlix Add-on/Extension and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted MuvFlix from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of MuvFlix on the affected browser.
Step 4: Reset Internet Browser to completely remove MuvFlix
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with MuvFlix. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by MuvFlix. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to MuvFlix.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating ‘Give Firefox a Tune Up’. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. MuvFlix should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by MuvFlix and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.