MusicFriendly Search is part of an adware family that produces bunch of suspicious Google Chrome extensions. It is promoted as a tool to easily search the web for free unlimited songs, albums, music videos, and more. At first, users may not recognize the harm they can get for installing this program. But once it starts to take over the homepage and default search provider, users will realize that MusicFriendly Search operates even without their involvement.
This interfering method is the main reason why it was listed under the category of Adware or Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP). Moreover, makers of this adware are using a number of doubtful freeware to spread a copy of MusicFriendly Search. Once it reaches the computer, it immediately meddle with Chrome browser and changes default homepage settings. MusicFriendly Search also intervenes with user’s online searching by using own search provider that displays annoying advertisements mix to actual search results links.
Due to these irregularities given away by MusicFriendly Search, some users deemed the program as another type of computer virus. In fact, reviews of this program clearly states how upset users are for having this thing on their browser applications. Some complains that they are having difficulties changing the homepage back to original settings. MusicFriendly Search always re-established itself on this spot no matter how they changed it.
Because of the Extension and browser helper object (BHO) that it has planted on the program, it is not easy to get rid of MusicFriendly Search. Scanning the computer with effective anti-virus and anti-malware tool is highly suggested. To ensure complete elimination of MusicFriendly Search, please visit and execute the removal steps below.
How to Remove MusicFriendly Search
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall MusicFriendly Search
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove MusicFriendly Search entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to MusicFriendly Search. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted MusicFriendly Search from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of MusicFriendly Search on the affected browser.
Step 4: Remove MusicFriendly Search from Google Chrome
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove MusicFriendly Search from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete MusicFriendly Search by clicking on Remove or Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of MusicFriendly Search removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from MusicFriendly Search. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by MusicFriendly Search. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.