MusicApp Search is a Google Chrome browser extension that affirms to provide access to large database of music, songs, albums, videos, and many more. However, before anyone can access this feature, the program must have full access to browser settings by installing MusicApp Search. Upon installation, this software is free to alter various configurations. It affects homepage, search engines, and other parts of the internet application.
After some diagnostic, it is clear to us that installing MusicApp Search do not only modify the current settings of Google Chrome. It is also the main cause of advertisements and pop-ups. Browser redirect issue may also come out from the affected application as this extension aims to deliver web traffic to partner’s web sites.
As you can see, MusicApp Search was made to gain profit over the internet. Its main guise is to pretend as useful tool, which serves specific purpose. Hence, its primary objective is to deceive users to install the dubious code so that MusicApp Search may dominate various function of internet program.
Keep in mind that adware such as MusicApp Search may also arrive on the computer along with some freeware. Software bundles coming from every corner of the internet can also lead to infection of adware. Thus, be very cautious when downloading program. As much as possible, scrutinize the contents especially during the installation process. This will give you the chance to eliminate unwanted programs from being installed.
If you need to remove MusicApp Search from the computer, please navigate to the special section below. Do not forget to scan the PC with suggested anti-malware tool to locate and delete malicious objects hidden on various parts of the system.
How to Remove MusicApp Search
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall MusicApp Search
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove MusicApp Search entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to MusicApp Search. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted MusicApp Search from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of MusicApp Search on the affected browser.
Step 4: Remove MusicApp Search from Google Chrome
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove MusicApp Search from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete MusicApp Search by clicking on Remove or Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of MusicApp Search removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from MusicApp Search. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by MusicApp Search. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.