MoviesNewTab is an ad-supported program that allows you to watch your favorite films online. It also claims as the best site for movie downloads and streaming media. For this reason, many computer users are induced to use this new tab tool. Many of them did not anticipate that free software such as this has malicious intent. Computer users must be aware that “Movies New Tab” is under the class of potentially unwanted program (PUP) due to its invasive entry on target computer.
Apart from movie and film access, MoviesNewTab is also promoted as a tool to quickly search and access movie reviews. It assures almost all possibilities to grant you admission to various movie sites just to trick you into installing MoviesNewTab.
Once this adware gains an access on computer, it begins to watch over your internet browsing activities. MoviesNewTab is capable of logging your search queries, and gather vital online information. Collected data is then used to exhibit advertisements that are relevant to you online interest. As usual, the aim is to gain profit via this online advertising scheme.
Publishers of this adware know that countless of web users are online movie enthusiasts. The focus of this adware is on them. MoviesNewTab may have a number of tempting features but it is not worthy for your online privacy to suffer. There are other similar programs, which will not put your computer at risk. Security should be your main concern, so better choose wisely.
At this point, all we can advise is to stay away from MoviesNewTab. If it is present on your computer, better uninstall this program before it can add further risks.
Online Security Scanner Report for lp.mymoviestab.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||July 08, 2016|
|Link is safe||Feedback: No data||July 08, 2016|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||July 08, 2016|
How to Remove MoviesNewTab Adware from PC
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
It is highly suggested that you carry out all the steps in exact manner to effectively get rid of malware.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall MoviesNewTab
The main cause of adware and malware presence could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove MoviesNewTab entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to MoviesNewTab. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted MoviesNewTab from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of MoviesNewTab on the affected browser.