MoviesNet Search is deemed as suspicious browser extension that claims to provide easy and quick movie online search. It can gain access on the computer even without your authorization. Typically, it is packed to freeware that you may download from various hosts. When you install such program, MoviesNet Search and other adware may get installed on the computer without a notice.
If MoviesNet Search runs a discrete installation, user will see no sign of it until such time that it is fully integrated into the browser. This adware normally attacks known internet application such as Google Chrome. MoviesNet Search progresses on the computer as extension or add-on. Thus, this adware only affects browser application.
Once installed, MoviesNet Search opens up as default search engine. It is obvious that these changes on the browser aim to control part of your search. As shown in the image below, it integrates various calendar button and event scheduler for your own management.
MoviesNet Search seems to be a useful tool. However, some computer security experts are still in doubt of this program. Coming from the family of adware that also made dubious extensions such as MixTV Search Plus and MixPhotoz Start, and many more, it is still safer to be more cautious when dealing with MoviesNet Search.
Default browser settings, homepage, and search tool is not our only concern with this adware. It may also endanger your online privacy. MoviesNet Search is capable of monitoring your online behavior and record your search queries and interests while surfing the net. Gathered data from your browser can be used for future marketing scheme to serve ads that are more significant to your online activities.
As you can see, it is not safe to have MoviesNet Search on your computer. If there is a need for you to get rid of this program, you can simply execute the guide we have outlined below.
How to Remove MoviesNet Search
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall MoviesNet Search
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove MoviesNet Search or Medianetnow entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to MoviesNet Search. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted MoviesNet Search from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of MoviesNet Search on the affected browser.
Step 4: Remove MoviesNet Search from Google Chrome
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove MoviesNet Search from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete MoviesNet Search by clicking on Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of MoviesNet Search removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from MoviesNet Search. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by MoviesNet Search. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.