Due to intrusive method to gain access on the computer, MoviesFriendly Search is obviously a threat to browser programs. It arrives on the system as packed to certain free software. Relevant browser extension is also observed to be deploying MoviesFriendly Search and one of which is MusicFriendly Search.
Although some security programs can detect and prevent MoviesFriendly Search from entering the computer, some users prefer to take the risk just to obtain and install freeware their desired for. Some of these are free games, utilities, tools, download manager, software updates and crack, and many more. In such instances, MoviesFriendly Search and related adware can easily take advantage of the situation and load malicious codes into the browser.
Once MoviesFriendly Search is installed, it instantly modifies browser settings. Changes are obvious on the homepage. Instead of user’s preferences, it will have the MoviesFriendly Search start-up page. Similar with default search engine; questionable resources will replace Google, Bing, or Yahoo.
Apart from interfering with browser’s configuration, presence of MoviesFriendly Search causes annoyances on the computer. It produces extensive display of advertisements and redirects. In addition, it is a risk to ones online privacy. Internet Cookies belonging to MoviesFriendly Search can log online browsing habit of victims. It can record frequently visited sites, search keywords and phrases, and other personal identifiable data.
Most security experts agreed that program such as this is very different from computer viruses even though it causes havoc to most victims. According to them, MoviesFriendly Search was made solely for online revenue generation. Through ads and promotion, makers of this adware get a decent amount of clients that compensate them on a pay-per-click scheme.
MoviesFriendly Search may not be a computer virus but this does not mean that your computer is safe during its existence. It is still recommended to remove this adware as soon as possible to prevent further harm. To remove MoviesFriendly Search, please browse the special section below.
How to Remove MoviesFriendly Search
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall MoviesFriendly Search
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove MoviesFriendly Search entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to MoviesFriendly Search. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted MoviesFriendly Search from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of MoviesFriendly Search on the affected browser.
Step 4: Remove MoviesFriendly Search from Google Chrome
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove MoviesFriendly Search from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete MoviesFriendly Search by clicking on Remove or Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of MoviesFriendly Search removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from MoviesFriendly Search. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by MoviesFriendly Search. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.