While browsing on the internet, there are websites that keeps on displaying ads and pop-ups on the screen. Moviebox-online.com can be one of these sites. This is an unwanted web page causing numerous notifications to browsers. It is possible to have unsolicited access to Moviebox-online.com through Potentially Unwanted Application (PUA) or adware installed on system. It typically causes misbehavior to browser programs that annoys web visitors.
Moviebox-online.com can reduce browsing experience of internet users by limiting page content visibility and search results because of advertisements and pop-ups that keeps displaying on screen. Moviebox-online.com operators design this website to present click baits in order to allow alerts from their site. They usually use this following buttons or statements:
- Click ALLOW to continue
- Click to download file
- Download is ready
These buttons does not really intend what it states, it is just a way to convince web users to click something. One click can enable alerts form Moviebox-online.com site, and this will be their go signal to send numerous notifications and advertisement linking to other websites. Redirects generated by Moviebox-online.com could lead internet users to malicious web pages such as gambling sites, sale-based portals, adult-oriented websites, illicit streaming sites, scam and phishing sites.
Risks come in when web users clicked on something while accessing Moviebox-online.com. Opening Moviebox-online.com alone could bring no harm unless web users allow and accept alerts from this site.
As mentioned earlier, Moviebox-online.com injects on browser via PUA or adware that exists on internet application. It is the most common and effective way of developers to spread their malicious software. Note that, unwanted apps can track personal details and browser activities of web users. Collected data can share to other parties to use for cyber crime purposes. Moviebox-online.com pop-ups are also possible to appear on similar-malicious websites and that can be the reason why it suddenly pop-ups on the browser.
Even though Moviebox-online.com is not deemed as computer virus, removing it is suggested to avoid further harm. Complete guide to eliminate this threat is the topic on the next segment.
Procedures to Remove Moviebox-online.com from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Step 1 : Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Moviebox-online.com. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Moviebox-online.com.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 2 : Remove Browser Extensions that belongs to Moviebox-online.com
1. Locate the add-on or extension that is relevant to the hijacker. To do this, please follow the following depending on affected browser.
Safari - Choose Preferences from the Safari menu, then click the Extensions icon. This will open a window showing all installed extensions.
Chrome - Select Preferences from the Chrome menu, and then click the Extensions link found on the left pane.
Firefox - Choose Add-ons from the Menu. Look at both the Extensions and Plugins lists when it opens a new window.
2. Once you have located Moviebox-online.com or any suspicious objects, click on Remove or Uninstall, to get rid of it.
3. Close the browser and proceed to the next steps.
Step 3 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Moviebox-online.com.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Moviebox-online.com is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
Step 4: Delete Moviebox-online.com Login Items
Some browser hijacker may also install login item into compromised account under System Preferences. This object automatically runs Moviebox-online.com during user log in.
1. Go to Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
2. Select Users & Groups from the preferences window.
3. You may need to Unlock this area in order to make changes. Click on the Lock icon on lower left corner of the window.
4. Next, select user account that runs Moviebox-online.com.
5. Click on Login Items tab.
6. Select Moviebox-online.com or any suspicious entries from the list and click on the minus [-] button and confirm your actions. Please see image below for reference.
Step 5: Block Moviebox-online.com Pop-up Notification from Google Chrome
The small box appearing on sidebar or taskbar bearing the web address of Moviebox-online.com is called Push Notifications. Most of the time, removing the browser extension that enforces it is enough to stop the pop-ups. Hence, if Moviebox-online.com pop-ups persistently appears, this guide is helpful in blocking it manually.
1. On the address bar, please type the following strings and press Return on keyboard:
2. Navigate to "Allow" section and locate Moviebox-online.com.
3. Click on More Actions button (3 dots) and select Block from the list. You may also choose Remove but blocking is more preferred to avoid encountering the same in the future.
Optional : If unable to change browser settings, execute these steps:
Some user complains that there is no way to change browser settings because it is grayed out by Moviebox-online.com. In such situation, it is important to check if there is unwanted profile. Please do the following:
1. Quit any running applications and launch System Preferences from your Dock.
2. Under System Preferences, click Profiles.
3. Select Moviebox-online.com or any relevant profile from the left pane. See image below.
4. At the bottom of this window, click minus [-] button to delete the account. Please refer to image above.
5. Close the Profiles window and open the affected browser to change all settings associated with Moviebox-online.com.