Monster Ads (monster.com) is an advertising platform that displays numerous pop-up ads on the browser. Various endorsements and promotions can be shown by this adware that came from its network of advertisers. In short, Monster Ads’ main objective is to deliver web traffic to its client and in return, they generate profit for themselves.
Normally, Monster Ads can intervene with browsers when an add-on is installed on the computer. Freeware and shareware is most likely the carrier of this code. If you are unlucky to download and install adware-packed program, you will be getting Monster Ads the next time you surf the web. This adware is installed on the computer concurrent with the software you have downloaded. You may not notice it because it was designed that way. Presence of Monster Ads only gets obvious when you start to see pop-up ads coming from this browser extension. Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome users are the ones being targeted by this adware.
In technical view, Monster Ads is neither a virus nor malware. It is an ad-driven program or an adware. It is also not harmful as virus and never spread once inside the computer. Most anti-virus programs may not detect Monster Ads as a threat, thus it can be installed on the computer without a warning. However, if you want to remove Monster Ads, we have tools and that detects and deletes it from the computer. Please see the full instructions below.
Online Security Scanner Report for monster.com:
|No Issue||Community Rating: 5.0/5.0||Updated: Nov 3, 2013|
|Link is safe||Feedback: Pop-ups||Updated: Nov 3, 2013|
|Probably safe||Ratings: 13 Likes, 2 Dislikes||Updated: Nov 3, 2013|
How to Remove Monster Ads (Adware Removal Guide)
Stage 1: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Monster Ads. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 2: Remove Monster Ads Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Monster Ads from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Monster Ads on the affected browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Monster Ads. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Monster Ads.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tuneup. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Monster Ads should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Monster Ads and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.