Minehp.com is endorsed by some third-party application as a valid browser search tool that enhances online search results. Similar to most homepage hijacker, Minehp.com may appear like valid homepage because it employs clean interface and uses Yahoo as its search engine. Thus, many computer users deemed it as normal homepage.
However, sooner, user will realized that they are not aware on these changes. It is also evident that homepage is forcibly diverted to various subdomains including Fr.minehp.com, Uk.minehp.com, Us.minehp.com, and many more. Therefore, they deemed Minehp.com as some kind of virus attack. In reality, Minehp.com is a working search engine with valid search results since it is utilizing resource from Yahoo. However, due to various codes installed by Minehp.com on the browser, it may apply content-layering technique to display ads within the context of any pages, including search result pages. The risky part comes into play when result links are manipulated with the sole intention of diverting traffic to unsafe websites. Obviously, they do not care whether they are serving safe or insecure links. As long as the adware is generating profits from partners, this disturbing operation will continue.
It is also noticed that Minehp.com arrives on the computer commonly via freeware and adware infection. Widely used scheme called bundling is the primary way to repack a number of PUP’s and adware into one installation file. There is no way for user to recognize the contents of the package unless they will run the installation process in ‘Custom’ mode. Since most users are not aware of this, they ended up loading a bunch of crap on their computer including Minehp.com and similar hijackers.
Never endure the existence of Minehp.com, remove it as early as possible by executing the procedures as outlined on this page. Totally eradicate all malicious objects by scanning the computer with recommended anti-malware tool.
Minehp.com Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised Windows computer. Aside from removing the malicious browser extension, this guide is also helpful in deleting browser hijacker and pop-ups.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of browser hijacker like Minehp.com through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like Minehp.com, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete Minehp.com hijacker including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows includes Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 1 : Delete Minehp.com Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to Minehp.com.
Remove Minehp.com Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find Minehp.com or relevant entry and remove it from Google Chrome browser.
Uninstall Minehp.com Extension from Mozilla Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to Minehp.com and remove it from the browser.
After deleting the malicious browser extension, it is expected that Minehp.com is also gone from the homepage.
Remove Minehp.com Add-ons from Internet Explorer and Edge Browser
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of Minehp.com from Toolbars and Extension. Additionally, delete unwanted entry from Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If Minehp.com is still present on the IE browser and there are still unwanted homepage and pop-ups, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on 'Installed On' column.
7. Select Minehp.com or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Step 2 : Scan the computer with Sophos Antivirus
To remove Minehp.com automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-virus tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering browser hijacker like Minehp.com that slows down online browsing activities.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program like Minehp.com.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Minehp.com and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
The above procedures should have totally eliminated the Minehp.com browser hijacker. However, if you found that there are still remnants of the threat, please proceed to manual removal of associated objects as outlined below.
Step 3 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Minehp.com on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications as well as invalid browser entries that produces hijacking, redirects, and pop-ups.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Minehp.com.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Minehp.com. It will also check for suspicious entries on browser settings that is associated with the hijacker.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Check if your internet browser application is no longer being bothered by Minehp.com. If the browser hijacker still persists, please continue with the steps below to reset internet programs to default settings.
Optional : Reset Internet Browser Program
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Minehp.com. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Minehp.com. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. On the address bar, type chrome://settings/reset and press Enter key.
3. Under Reset and clean up section, choose Restore settings to their original defaults.
4. Click Reset settings button to clear all entries of Minehp.com.
5. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed Minehp.com extension and associated objects.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Minehp.com. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Input the string about:support on Firefox web address and press Enter on keyboard.
2. You will now see the Troubleshooting Information page of Mozilla Firefox.
3. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tune up. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
4. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
5. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Minehp.com should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference. Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Minehp.com and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.
2 thoughts on “Remove Minehp.com Search”
Thanks for this. I think you fixed it for me. I recently downloaded a couple programs Winzip and Truesync but equally I suppose it might have come from a browser. My first symptom was that the windows 10 start bar would not open to run anything unless pinned to the bar. So I tried some googled Powershell options to fix that but they didn’t work. I managed to find a power off setting. When I rebooted and fired up Firefox, it had lost my session restore and replaced the homepage with uk.minehp.com. Some panic set in. no warnings from the Microsoft Antivirus or malware scans. So I started googling. There are several sites out there that try to fool you into downloading their supposed remover as an automated alternative to a set of pointless manual cleaning efforts. None of them come close to your explanation. Anyway, part-way through the Sophos scan now. I ran the Avast which picked up on an add-on in Firefox but other than that not much indication of a virus or malware so far. Will update this if I get anything more. For now it looks like it was just a browser hijack. Thanks again for the time and care and excellent links you put into this page
Then a few days later I opened a chrome session and there it was again! I panicked and started swinging deletes all over, rerunning scanners and ADG and then checking on the reputation of this site in case it had simply embedded the hijacker even further. In the end, I went into the Chrome settings and under the “On startup” section I found the following options “open new tab”, “Continue where you left off”, and “open a specific page or set of pages. Set pages”, wherein “set pages is a link to a set of pages the browser will open automatically on startup. Guess what this infernal virus had set the page to? Yep, uk.minehp.com. The little evil weevil. Anyhow, I deleted it and now “seem” to be clean but it leaves me wondering what else is in there and why neither ADG or Sophos or AVG for that matter picked up on this setting.