Media Search Plugin is a potentially unwanted program characterized as browser extension. It is capable of infiltrating the computer while user is browsing the internet and visiting associated dubious websites. Media Search Plugin may also enter the computer while packed with various suspicious freeware and shareware. Most of the time, this adware is bundled to invasive software as games, utilities, tools, media player, file manager, and fake Adobe updates.
Once inside the computer, Media Search Plugin targets browser application especially Google Chrome. It is installed as browser extension that is capable of manipulating settings on homepage and new tab. Thus, it will assign Livemediasearch.tools on these pages. Be aware that this homepage hijacker not only affects pages on compromised browser application, but it also changes default search tool. Therefore, also online inquiries are diverted to Livemediasearch.tools before forwarding to Google Search to show final outcome.
Redirecting user’s online inquiry to own server is a way by adware makers to collect browsing data. Users are not aware of this, but Media Search Plugin can gather vital information like search keywords, favorite websites, and personal identifiable data. Collected information from users is rather used to boost its advertising presence or sell to third-party players.
Media Search Plugin is indeed an intrusive adware that can endanger ones online privacy. Therefore, we highly suggest removing it from the browser as soon as possible to avoid further harm. Complete guide on this page includes procedures as well as free virus and malware scanners to search and delete all malicious objects linked to Media Search Plugin.
Online Security Scanner Report for livemediasearch.tools:
|Not yet tested||Feedback: No data||Updated: Sept. 03, 2018|
|Unverified||Feedback: No data||Updated: Sept. 03, 2018|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||Updated: Sept. 03, 2018|
How to Remove Media Search Plugin
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Remove Media Search Plugin from Google Chrome
We are presenting various options to remove Media Search Plugin from Google Chrome browser using only internal functions and approach. Most of browser annoyances can be fixed via these processes. If Media Search Plugin persists after executing these steps, it is better to run anti-malware scan as suggested below.
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove Media Search Plugin from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete Media Search Plugin by clicking on Remove or Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of Media Search Plugin removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Media Search Plugin. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar, please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults button. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Media Search Plugin. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data.
Option 3 – Use Google Chrome Clean Up Feature
1. On Google Chrome address bar, input this string: chrome://settings/cleanup and then press Enter on keyboard.
2. Click Find button to start scanning the computer.
Step 2 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Media Search Plugin
The main cause of homepage hijacking and browser redirect could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Media Search Plugin entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 3 : Scan the computer with MBAM Tool
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file mb3-setup-consumer-x.x.x.xxxx.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan from the menu to see available Scan Method.
6. Next, click on Threat Scan. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to Media Search Plugin.
7. Click Start Scan button to begin checking the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including Media Search Plugin and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Step 4 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Media Search Plugin. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.