Media Buzz 1.1 is a potentially unwanted program that masquerade as a tool to block ads from online video web site. In reality, this brings annoyances and tries to evade security programs by showing random names. It may appear differently on browser’s extension and add/remove program of Windows. Files and other malicious items dropped on the system also possess irrelevant file names.
Third-party programs and freeware are the main cause of Media Buzz 1.1 infection. It is normally wrapped to free programs that you can obtain from various servers at no cost. On some instances, this adware can be acquired by visiting malicious web pages put-up to deploy Media Buzz 1.1 on purpose. Links from spam email messages and social media sites are other means to spread this adware.
Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer browsers are the main target of Media Buzz 1.1. Users of these programs are most vulnerable due to some security exploits currently present on such browser programs. Thus, updating the software to the most recent version reduces chances of being attacked by Media Buzz 1.1.
It is advice to remove this harmful program right away before it can cause severe damage on the computer. As a matter of fact, Media Buzz 1.1 can steal sensitive data from user when it is left intact on the system. It monitors browsing habit and logs most of the online activities on the computer.
How to Remove Media Buzz 1.1
This threat can run on the system just like any other installed software. However, adware and malware doesn’t allow user to easily remove its file in typical manner.
Normal uninstall procedure may not be sufficient in the case of this threat. Thus, it is important to scan the computer with efficient tools to find and delete hidden and concealed malicious entities.
Quick Troubleshooting Guide for Media Buzz 1.1
Media Buzz 1.1 has injected code into Chrome browser and User Profile is generally affected. Thus, deleting the current user profile prevents Media Buzz 1.1 from loading. Proceed with the following steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser and type chrome://settings/ on the address bar. Alternatively, please navigate to settings page through Customized and control Google Chrome (3 horizontal bar icon on upper left of browser).
2. Go to People area and click on X (Delete this item).
3. Next, confirmation will pop-up if you really want to delete the current user. Please click Remove to delete the infected User Profile.
4. Restart Google Chrome to have a new User Profile.
5. Proceed with the removal of malicious files and other items on the computer that is linked to Media Buzz 1.1.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Media Buzz 1.1
The main cause of adware and malware presence could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Media Buzz 1.1 entry. The adware may also use distinctive name like Media Player, Video Player, or Enterprise Policy. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Media Buzz 1.1. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Media Buzz 1.1 from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Media Buzz 1.1 on the affected browser.