“McAfee has Blocked Your Windows” is a scam that disguises as legitimate pop-up window from popular anti-virus application. On some computers that are infected with another virus variation, “Webroot has Blocked Your Windows” will appear.
Makers of this screen locker virus aims to trick computer users and make them believe that McAfee or Webroot security applications have blocked their access to computer due to detected suspicious activity. However, in reality, this creation of cyber criminals intends to swindle money from victims through this misleading scheme. Take note that provided number on “McAfee has Blocked Your Windows” is unreal. Same fake contact number is also shown on bogus Webroot pop-up.
“McAfee has Blocked Your Windows” pop-up window insists users to call the provided technical department in order to obtain the code and unblock the computer. The full message states the following:
McAfee has Blocked your Windows.
This PC has been blocked because of Suspicious Activity Detected. To Protect the Windows Services and its members Call McAfee Technical Department (301) 900-8084.
McAfee Security Alert Code: 055BCCAC9FEC
Your PC has been blocked because we detected an unusual activity on your computer.
Your Computer might be infected by Harmful Viruses.
These viruses are well known for identity and credit card theft.
Further action on this computer or any other device on your network might reveal private information and involve serious risks.
McAfee Technicians will help you getting the Code to unblock your Computer.
Please Call McAfee Technical Department (301) 900-8084.
Please notice that on “Webroot has Blocked Your Windows” pop-up, attackers is also using the same contact details, which is very unusual technical department for both MacAfee and Webroot.
It is not recommended to follow the instructions on this scam pop-up window. To stop “McAfee has Blocked Your Windows” and delete relevant malware, please execute the guide on this page.
“McAfee has Blocked Your Windows” Removal Guide
Stage 1: Bypass the screen lock
1. Please use the following License Code provided by Malware Hunter Team:
2. After the registration process, the virus may pop-up another window prompting to call Windows Technical Support. Please ignore and proceed with the remaining steps below.
Stage 2: Remove the Virus from the Computer
This virus removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any rootkit as well as malware that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link provided. Save the file to your Desktop so that we can access the file easily.
– Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. Once the download completes, double-click the file to install the program on the computer. It will update the database once installations has finished. Internet connection is required at this point.
3. After downloading necessary updates, Sophos Virus Removal Tool displays the welcome screen.
4. Click on Start Scanning button to begin checking the system for presence of rootkit and virus.
Stage 3: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
– Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to “McAfee has Blocked Your Windows”. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.