Counterfeit system enhancement and security application called mBytes Speedup Pro is just a remake of previous bogus tool that runs deceitful scheme to persuade users into paying for the paid version of this program. Just like the old ways, mBytes Speedup Pro may enter the computer in unexpected way by bundling itself to various freeware apps and third party programs. There are also instances that it is promoted as legitimate tool on malicious advertising campaign that will pop-up on the computer when paying a visit to suspicious websites.
No matter how users were able to obtain mBytes Speedup Pro, its existence on the computer is too disturbing. It runs a thorough computer scans and shows a result accompanied by a recorded voice stating that the tool has identified a number of issues. Apart from this illusory diagnostic conclusion, mBytes Speedup Pro’s another way to recap identified troubles is by issuing repetitive pop-up alerts and warning messages.
All throughout its existence on the infected computer, mBytes Speedup Pro will do nothing but to prompt user on urgent acquisition of the paid version claiming that it is the only way to solve detected computer problems. The fact is, mBytes Speedup Pro and its other variants are known for scamming computer users through its misleading techniques. False detection and information it provided are just tactics to scare victims and impose the immediate purchase of mBytes Speedup Pro registered version.
Instead of paying for this rogue application, the right thing to do is to remove it from the computer. Recommended anti-virus and anti-malware tools with efficient procedures are all included in the removal section of this page.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Uninstall mBytes Speedup Pro from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select mBytes Speedup Pro from the list.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove the unwanted program.
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds mBytes Speedup Pro and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for leftover of mBytes Speedup Pro using Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for mBytes Speedup Pro . Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all mBytes Speedup Pro entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that mBytes Speedup Pro have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.
Stage 4: Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to mBytes Speedup Pro.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.