Malicious advertising campaign is still the primary channel where web users may accidentally obtain suspicious app called mBytes Clean Pro. To be able to trick web users, associated web page or its advertising window will mask as virus scanner that instantly detects a number of threats on the computer. Then, it advises users to download an unnamed fixer, which is actually mBytes Clean Pro, hence, it may only reveal itself after full installation.
This rogue computer security and optimization tool will continue to mislead users during its existence. If its motive on the first trick is to download and install mBytes Clean Pro, now that it exists on the PC, the intention is to swindle money from victims by making them believe that computer is highly infected and full of errors. mBytes Clean Pro continuously presents bogus pop-up alerts and warnings stating troubles like malware presence, start-up errors, missing registries, and so on. If user remains dormant despite of its effort in persuading them to buy mBytes Clean Pro registered version, its system scanning will appear more often until it becomes too annoying.
Remember that mBytes Clean Pro is a rogue tool that arises from a family of malware and among its older variants are Xbit Tool Pro, QBIT Optimizer Pro, Qbit PC Speedup, and many more similar fake system optimizer. All of these counterfeit applications do not really check the computer and provided reports are typical to every system it subsist. So, the real threat is mBytes Clean Pro itself and removal of this rogue program is a necessity to restore safety and security on the computer. Proceed with the removal of mBytes Clean Pro by executing the procedures below.
mBytes Clean Pro Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Uninstall mBytes Clean Pro from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select mBytes Clean Pro from the list.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove the unwanted program.
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds mBytes Clean Pro and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for leftover of mBytes Clean Pro using Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for mBytes Clean Pro . Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all mBytes Clean Pro entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that mBytes Clean Pro have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.
Stage 4: Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan from the menu to see available Scan Method.
6. Next, click on Threat Scan. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to mBytes Clean Pro.
7. Click Start Scan button to begin checking the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.