Maximum Maker is an adware that will inject ads on the context of a web page. It is clear that the main purpose of this potentially unwanted program is to deliver banners, inline text, and other sorts of advertisements to monetize its presence. Maximum Maker will also gather some data on the computer that it may use to display ads that will attract web users.
Normal penetration method by Maximum Maker to gain access into one’s computer is by bundling itself to freeware and third-party programs. Some users may also obtain the code from malicious links posted on social networking sites and dubious web pages.
Once inside the PC, Maximum Maker is normally installed as browser add-on, extension, or plug-in. It affects known programs like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Safari. Presence of this adware can be confirmed by excessive display of ads and redirect problems. There is also added components on add/remove program of Windows which some users didn’t suspect as malicious. After all, this adware carries the slogan “Search more effectively with Maximum Maker.”
Do not be tricked that Maximum Maker will provide better experience when browsing the web. It may help a little but more than that, your computer may suffer from serious troubles due to its aggressive acts. Aside from the display of ads, Maximum Maker may reap sensitive data from your computer, especially those that are relevant to your web browsing. We highly suggest the removal of Maximum Maker adware as soon as possible to avoid any unruly behavior it may cause on the PC.
Different anti-virus and anti-malware programs may name this threat according to their patterns. Here are some detection names: PUP.Optional.MaximumMaker
Online Security Scanner Report for maximummaker.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Sept. 1, 2015|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No Data||Sept. 1, 2015|
|Currently Safe||Ratings: 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes||Sept. 1, 2015|
How to Remove Maximum Maker
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Maximum Maker
The main cause of adware and malware presence could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Maximum Maker entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Maximum Maker. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Maximum Maker from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Maximum Maker on the affected browser.
Step 4: Reset Internet Browser to completely remove Maximum Maker
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Maximum Maker. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Maximum Maker. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. Click on the Menu (three-bar icon) located on the upper right side corner of the browser.
3. From the pull-down menu, click on Settings.
4. Once your are on chrome://settings/ tab, click on ‘Advanced‘ at the bottom of the window.
5. Navigate to the bottom of the page and click on Reset settings to their original defaults button.
6. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed Maximum Maker extension.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Maximum Maker.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Maximum Maker should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Maximum Maker and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.