Mass Sea is an ad-supported program promoted to enhance your online search and shopping experience. This only means that it was made solely to generate online profit. Commonly, advertisements shown by Mass Sea are usually targeted based on gathered data from computer users. Mass Sea is able to monitor your browsing habit such as web site you have visited, search queries, and anything that is relevant to your online interests.
Same with variants like Innovate Direct, Generous Deal, and Bill Break, it was found that Ads by Mass Sea comes in various formats. Pop-up ads, contextual, redirects, or full-page materials are just some that can bother your online browsing. These ads can be as safe as other online ads if not only for cyber criminals that are utilizing this infamous scheme to spread malicious software. Thus, be cautious when clicking links from Mass Sea advertisements.
Unwanted program can be complicated to remove due to various codes that was planted on the computer. Normal virus scan can remove Mass Sea but it may resurface after a reboot. Getting rid of all the installed adware is the only solution to stop Mass Sea from coming back.
It is a widespread routine for adware makers to pack several potentially unwanted programs (PUP) into one installation file. Thus, when you install Mass Sea, other adware also gets loaded in the background discretely. Even known and reputable software makers are into this bundling technique, however, they will present options when setting up the program.
Always mind your safety when browsing the Internet to prevent adware like Mass Sea from getting inside your PC. Download programs only from valid sources and official web sites. It is also important to have security software that is capable of blocking malicious file download and suspicious internet traffic.
To totally get rid of Mass Sea along with other adware, we have provided a simple guide on this page. Using various malware scanners is suggested to delete all hidden adware files that were dropped on various location of your computer.
Online Security Scanner Report for masssea.com:
|Threats found||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: June 30, 2016|
|Dangerous||Feedback: No Data||Updated: June 30, 2016|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No Data||Updated: June 30, 2016|
How to Remove Mass Sea
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Mass Sea
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Mass Sea entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Mass Sea. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Mass Sea from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Mass Sea on the affected browser.
Step 4: Reset Internet Browser to completely remove Mass Sea
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Mass Sea. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Mass Sea. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. Click on the Menu (three-bar icon) located on the upper right side corner of the browser.
3. From the pull-down menu, click on Settings.
4. Once your are on chrome://settings/ tab, click on ‘Advanced‘ at the bottom of the window.
5. Navigate to the bottom of the page and click on Reset settings to their original defaults button.
6. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed Mass Sea extension.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Mass Sea.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Mass Sea should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Mass Sea and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.