Mar Speedup is considered as potentially unwanted program (PUP) as its entry on the Windows computer is totally uninvited. Creators of this supposed security and optimization tool are making use of various misinformation tactics to get Mar Speedup inside the computer. One of the methods is to use malicious advertisements where the page is pretending to be an online scanner that eventually displays alarming results of detected threats and issues.
Another method why Mar Speedup gained successful access on the computer is through freeware installers. Most computer users are unfamiliar that some free apps is actually software bundles. Meaning, they are aware of the installation of the host program, but are totally uninformed that MarSpeedup executable file will get on board as well. This is the reason why users are astounded on the sudden existence of Mar Speedup. Most of them do not recall obtaining or installing the tool.
Mar Speedup is from PC Accelerate group
It is not surprising to see that Mar Speedup acts on this invasive way because it is tied to PC Accelerate Pro rogue applications. This recent version is in fact a remake of previous editions, retaining almost every feature. Some other variants are Bokang Speedup, Silver Speedup, and Chrono Speedup. The similarities from these old and new rogue applications are very obvious especially on the design of its graphical user interface.
Mar Speedup and all of the predecessors attempts to convince computer users that the system immediately requires fixing because it detected numerous errors and security issues. Bear in mind that rogue applications were designed with scare tactics as a way to influence victims to purchase the full version of the endorsed program. If you are facing the same worry, that computer is in trouble because Mar Speedup says so, do not rush into fixing the computer using the same misleading application. We suggest immediate elimination of Mar Speedup and scanning the computer with a valid security tools like the ones suggested in the removal guide. Scanning the PC will immediately locate and delete the MarSpeedup.exe file, which is the main component of this malware.
Please take note of the files and folders relevant to Mar Speedup. You may need to delete them manually if left behind after the removal process. These files can be found under the Program Files folder.
- MarSpeedup (32 bit).exe
Mar Speedup Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of fake optimization tool like Mar Speedup through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like Mar Speedup, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete Mar Speedup rogue tool including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 1 : End the running process of Mar Speedup
1. Open Task Manager by pressing CTRL+Alt+Del on your keyboard and select Task Manager. Alternatively, you can right-click on the Windows Taskbar and click on Task Manager from the list.
2. When Task Manager opens, be sure that you are viewing the Processes tab.
3. Look for Mar Speedup and then, click End Task. If that name is not present, look for any suspicious program. Take note of the malware name as we have to uninstall it later.
4. You may now close Task Manager and proceed with the next step.
Step 2 : Uninstall Mar Speedup from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select Mar Speedup from the list. If not present, look for any malicious software. You may click on Installed on to see the most recent entry.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove Mar Speedup unwanted program.
Step 3 : Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Mar Speedup and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Step 4 : Double-check for leftover of Mar Speedup using Anti-malware Program
To remove Mar Speedup automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering rogue application like Mar Speedup that slows down the system performance.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan to start checking the computer for malicious files. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to Mar Speedup.
6. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.