Market Research Helper is part of Superweb collection of adware. It is a bothering app which is also classified as potentially unwanted program (PUP). It attacks main browsers such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari, carrying the slogan “Participate in the World’s Largest Internet Research Project”. Primarily, Market Research Helper aims to gain profit by popping up advertisements and sometimes redirects your browser to commercial web pages. Some computer users easily acquired this adware without their intention. Sadly, they don’t have effective ways to remove Market Research Helper from the Windows operating system.
This adware and its intrusive advertisements that often pop-ups on the browser are not just annoying, it also slows down the computer. Market Research Helper collects this ads from a remote server, thus, it also greatly affects your internet speed. Furthermore, your privacy is in danger with this adware. Market Research Helper may collect sensitive data from your computer which are relevant to your online accounts.
Protecting your computer from Market Research Helper and other sorts of adware requires awareness on its type of attack. In that case, you can avoid the adware and have a secure online browsing. Market Research Helper is normally knotted to freeware or shareware that you can download from various websites or hosts. Typically these sites, as well as the program they offered looks very appealing. It can be in a form of software update, required tools, or free games. Pay-per-install is what adware makers usually used to spread their creation. Users are not aware on this scheme, wherein they can install a bunch of unwanted program that is packed in a single shareware. So, in order to prevent Market Research Helper, user must be vigilant on what they download and install.
Online Security Scanner Report for marketresearchhelper.com:
|Caution||Feedback: Threats found||May 08, 2015|
|Suspicious||Feedback: PUP||May 08, 2015|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No Data||May 08, 2015|
How to Remove Market Research Helper Malware
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Market Research Helper
The main cause of adware and malware presence could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Market Research Helper entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Market Research Helper. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Market Research Helper from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Market Research Helper on the affected browser.
Step 4: Reset Internet Browser to completely remove Market Research Helper
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Market Research Helper. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Market Research Helper. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. Click on the Menu (three-bar icon) located on the upper right side corner of the browser.
3. From the pull-down menu, click on Settings.
4. Once your are on chrome://settings/ tab, click on ‘Advanced‘ at the bottom of the window.
5. Navigate to the bottom of the page and click on Reset settings to their original defaults button.
6. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed Market Research Helper extension.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Market Research Helper.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tuneup. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Market Research Helper should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Market Research Helper and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.